chapter 14

DECEMBER 25th 1975

I woke up to it finally being Christmas. I jumped out of bed a woke up Lily, Mary, Marlene, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter. I dragged them all out of bed and made them sit downstairs.

"It's too early for this Y/n.." said Peter who was rubbing his eyes. James laughed and I grabbed out my presents for them. I handed James his first which was a new broom for Quidditch.

"Thanks Y/n mine broke so I haven't been able to practice for the next game," James said with his eyes glowing at his new possession. Then I gave Lily hers which was a knitting kit since she mentioned she started to knit a long time ago.

"Y/n that's so cute!! I love the colours too, they are my favourite," Lily said as she hugged me. Then I gave Remus his. It was chocolate because he loved chocolate.

"YES! I love chocolate. Best fucking thing ever thanks Y/n," he said with a smile. Then I gave Peter his, a book which said how to get a girlfriend.

"HEY!" He said and I laughed, but he turned to me and mouthed thanks. I gave Mary and Marlene theirs which was matching jumpers with each other.
They both said thank you and put it on. Finally, I gave Sirius his. It was a jumper.

"I got us matching jumpers like Mary and Marlene. On the back, it says our names on it! I just thought it would be cute," I said and Sirius got up put it on and hugged me. I put mine on. "Wait I got to go, see you guys at breakfast okay?" They all nodded and I ran to the Slytherin common room. When I walked in no one was awake so I walked to Regulus' dorm and jumped on top of him. "Wake up I want to give you your presents," I whispered into his ear. Regulus smiled and kissed me.

"I want to give you mine too," he said and he sat up. I grabbed out my present and passed it to him. He opened it and his face lit up. "Y/n, I.. thank you love," he said and hugged me. I had gotten him a ring. It was the one Sirius would always talk about how Regulus would beg our parents to buy it for him but never got it. Regulus smiled and put it on. "My gift is quite similar," he said.

He passed me a boy which was wrapped perfectly. I opened it and there were matching rings. It had my initials on it, 'Y/N.M/N.L/N', and the one next to it was the exact same ring but with R.A.B on it and I smiled at him. I put the ring on and I put the other one on his. "Thank you Regulus, this means a lot. You are so cute."

Regulus kissed me and we cuddled. Then I remembered my gifts for Barty, Evan, Dorcas and Pandora. I quickly grabbed Regulus by his wrist and we woke up the four of them before bringing them downstairs.

"First off Barty this one is yours and Evan this one is yours," I said as I passed them both their box. Inside of it was a matching bracelet. "Since you guys are obviously dating I thought it would be cute to get you guys that!" Barty smiled and Evan's face went all red.

"Thanks Y/n and thanks for Evan's behalf," Barty said and Evan nodded still red, I laughed.

"Alright next in Pandora, here you go!" I said as I passed her a little pocket. It had crystals in it. Pandora smiled.

"My favourite rose quarts!! I love you so much Y/n I want to just steal you away from Regulus and date you myself!" She said and Regulus grabbed my waist tightly sending a frown in her direction and she laughed.

"Finally Dorcas!" I said and passed her a box. It was how to make butter beer recipe with a special cup on it. Dorcas' face lighted up and she immediately hugged me.

"AH OH MY MERLIN I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU! I CAN'T WAIT TILL I GO HOME AND MAKE THIS FOR MY FAMILY!!!" We all laughed at Dorcas going on about her and her family's obsession with butterbeer.

After a while, I started to feel numb again. I normally felt numb when I knew something bad was going to happen. I told Regulus and my friends that I felt sick and I wasn't going to go rest. Regulus told me to stay in his dorm so he could check up on me and I nodded. Something wasn't right.

I went into Regulus' room and stared up at the ceiling for an hour. Then the door opened and it was Regulus. "You okay love?"

"Yeah I'm fine," I said coldly. I didn't mean for my words to come out that way, they just did. Regulus looked at me confused.

"Y/n why are you being like that to me?" He asked firmly and sat next to me. I turned to him.

"I didn't mean it. Sorry," I said and I looked down. Regulus hugged me and smiled.

"It's alright I get it, maybe you're just having a bad day," he said and hugged him back.

"Have I told you lately, that I'm grateful you are mine?" He whispered in my ear and I kissed him.

"You are so cute, I lov-." I covered my mouth and Regulus stared at me.

"What were you going to just say?" He said with a grin.

"Nothing..." I said as I removed my hands from my mouth. Regulus laughed.

"I love you Y/n," he said with a soft tone. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I love you Regulus," I said and Regulus hugged me tight and didn't let go. He pulled away and smirked.

"Let's go get breakfast, you haven't eaten yet and that's not good for you," he said with a happy smile. I loved it when Regulus checked up on me and made sure I was eating. Sometimes I would accidentally skip meals in my third year, Regulus noticed but didn't say anything at the time. Now he made sure I ate every meal of the day.

We walked into the Great Hall and I decided to sit with him since his friends were going to eat whatever Evan was cooking. Regulus said it tasted like poison and I shouldn't eat it. I was confused that Regulus knew what poison tasted like that.

Severus walked up to me and decided to check in with me. We still spoke but on the rare occasions. He was a very busy boy who wanted to succeed in everything he did. He was older than me and he wanted to be better at my brother so he could impress Lily. It didn't work though, because Lily was finally taking an interest in my brother after asking her out a million times.

"Hey, Y/n! How's Christmas going?" He asked me and Regulus' had jealousy all over his face.

"It's good, what about you? Oh shit, I got you a present by the way it's in my bag... found it! Here," I said with a smile. Severus opened it and it was textbooks and he smiled.

"Thanks, Y/n, you know a bit too well. Anyhow I'm gonna go read these now! Bye!!" He said as he ran off. I laughed and turned back to Regulus who was furious.

"You bought him a gift?" He asked me coldly.

"Yeah?? What's wrong with that? He's my friend," I asked and Regulus scoffed. "What?"

"Nothing.." he said and he turned away.

"You are jealous. Regulus Black is jealous of Severus Snape," I said and Regulus turned to look around making sure no one heard.

"Shut up! Am not," he said and I laughed.

"Yes. You are. Aw, that's so cute!!" I said and Regulus rolled his eyes. "I love you and only," I whispered and Regulus' face went pink and I laughed.

That numb feeling disappeared as the day started to end and Regulus wanted me to stay with him for the night so I slept in his dorm. This has been the best Christmas of my entire life.

A/N
I'M OBSESSED WITH HOW CUTE Y/N AND REGULUS ARE!! HIM GETTING JEALOUS AND EVERYTHING REMINDED ME OF JEALOUS GIRL BY LANA DEL RAY!!!