Chapter 14

Swearing/Blood
———

   While Five lay in his room recovering

   While Five lay in his room recovering. I was downstairs with Grace, getting my stitches removed. Getting them pulled out didn't hurt as badly as I thought. Grace finished the last stitch on my stomach and moved towards my leg.

"Grace," I said, looking down at her. She pulled down my sock and cleaned the edges of blood there. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, Alberto," She answered. "You may ask me anything." Her tone, polite and sweet, reminds me of my mother.

"What was Five like as a kid?" I asked. Part of me was curious to see how he acted as a child. "I know he looks like a kid now, but when he was an actual kid."

"Well," She started, pulling out one of the stitches from my leg. "He acted like he does currently, only older and more mature—" She paused for a moment to chuckle at something she was going to say. "—He was cocky, stubborn, smart, traits of an amazing boy. Five used to be competitive, too."

"Yep, sound like Five," I replied. "Besides his obvious traits, what else about Five?" I continued from the question earlier.

Grace finished pulling the last stitch out and disinfected the area. "He was... a sweet boy, played with his siblings, he played with cars, and... when he left, his room was so empty." I frowned at the last sentence. Grace's tone changed from depressed to joyful almost instantly. "Good that his cars are still there for his return," She added.

I smiled at her, and she pulled my sock back up after cleaning it. "There you go, all clean," She said, standing up. I did as well.

"Thank you, Grace," I thanked her, smiling.

"You're welcome, Alberto," She smiled, walking away towards the kitchen.

After she left, I walked back upstairs towards Five's room. It was midnight quiet; I liked it. Then I heard noises coming from his room. I walk over and lean against the doorway. Five had woken up; he looked confused and out of it. I knocked on the wall to get his attention, which it did, and he looked over at me quickly.

"Can I come in?" I asked, and he nodded. I walked inside, shutting the door behind me, and sat on the edge of his bed. "Nice pj's," I giggled.

Five tried to sit up, groaning as he did. I prevented him from doing so, not to hurt himself. He shook my hand away and managed to sit up, leaning against the bed frame.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"Like I've just been shot," He laughed. I smiled at his joke.