Chapter 5

Swearing/Hate word/suicide mention (You have been warned)

------------

    I jump up in excitement, but my back doesn't hurt

I jump up in excitement, but my back doesn't hurt. I thought it would since I'm an old man. Also, when did the world get shorter? Not too short, but it felt weird. There was a building with a glass window next to me. I turn to face myself. It's a miracle. No more beard, my hair short and back to normal, no longer old and wrinkly. Now, I might cry. I'm fifteen again. The day I've waited for since I turned thirty-six. My skin felt clear as I touched it. How I missed being young, something many people take for granted. Including me. Not anymore, though. I'm so happy right now.

Well, though I'm excited, I remember there is something else I have to do first. Find that son of a bitch. Five for leaving me alone.

The streets of Los Angeles were busy. Cars are almost everywhere, honking at the person in front of them. Everyone walked so fast like they had somewhere to be. It was much different from Mexico. Then I realized I could've lived here with Daniella and Hector if I didn't get stuck in the future.

People were walking up and down, wearing clothes I'd never seen before. I've felt out of place here. Everyone seemed so lovely while I looked like lint. Maybe I could go into one of these shops and snag something. They would understand.

I look at the building to the side of me. Two mannequins stared at me through the window, one with women and another with men's clothes. The one with men's clothing had a bright orange hoodie with blue jeans. Different from my typical tank top and black shorts. It could work. I blink myself into the store, grab the dummy, and blink myself away into an alleyway.

It's good that it's dark here so no one can see me. I quickly change myself from my disgusting rags into the hoodie and pants. Thank god. Wearing clothes after forty-five years feels fantastic. It feels so amazing. I feel like hugging myself, and I do. Now, getting back to the fundamental objective here, finding Five Hargreeves.

Leaving the alleyway, I pace down the street, looking for any sign of The Umbrella Academy. Five said his siblings, and he was part of this kid fighting group. They called themselves 'The Umbrella Academy' and lived in a massive house in the middle of the street. Hopefully, it's not hard to find.

Walking down the street, I tried to ask anyone where it was, but everyone seemed so busy with whatever they had going on they didn't notice I was there. I walked a mile and still found no one to talk to me. Besides that, one person who said something which was, "I don't talk to beaners." So that wasn't even helpful. Racist mother fucker.

I notice someone sitting against a grey wall beside a massive black gate. As the man smoked a cigarette, I walked up to him. He didn't see me until I started talking to him, which startled him.