Chapter 12

Swearing/Blood/Suicide mention
----

    If I'm being honest, I'd never thought it would happen again

    If I'm being honest, I'd never thought it would happen again. I forgave Five the first time he disappeared-well, not entirely. The emotions I felt when Five left remained attached to me. Five leaving wasn't necessarily his fault. This time, it was a choice. And he chooses to leave to go wherever with that lady who looks like she's from the 1940s.

    Those emotions I've felt the first time, they feel worse now. It feels like someone crushed my heart into millions of little pieces, put it in dog shit, stitched it up horribly, and gave it back to me. My heart feels weak, not heart failure, heartbreak. Once, my Tio died because of heartbreak when my Tia passed away. Maybe the same thing will happen to me.

    I grip part of the sweater vest nearest to my heart. Squeezing it hard enough to feel my nails dig into my palm. My eye produces a tear that flows down my face, falling onto Five's bed sheet. I've been in his room, staring at his dull ceiling for hours-reliving the moment Five left.

    My clothes had begun to dry up from the rain I caused. I hadn't bothered to change when I returned to the academy. Five has multiple uniforms, but I'm just too depressed to do anything. The only thing I managed to do was walk upstairs and sulk in sadness on Five's mattress.

    Suddenly, there's a knock at the door. I suspected it to be Klaus, but the door creaked open, with Allison peeking her head through. She glanced over at me and smiled as she did. When she smiled, it made me feel a sense of nostalgia-making me feel calmer and more relaxed as I sat up and wiped away my tears.

    "Hey, Alberto," Allison said, shutting the door behind her and walking towards the bed. She held a small box in her hand. The smile remained on her face. She sat down next to me and placed the box in her lap. Allison positioned herself to face me. "Luther and Klaus told me what happened. So I wanted to see how you were doing."

    I gave her a small smile, rubbing my eyes. The fabric of the coat scraped against my eye, causing it to burn horribly. "Stupid sleeve," I said quietly to myself. Allison lifted the box towards me; it was full of tissues. "Thank you," I tell her, taking one out of the box and wiping my eyes.

    "Of course, I knew Five had no tissues in his room. I've never seen the man cry," Allison replied, placing the tissue box beside her. The only reason he never cries is because he's an emotionless asshole. He prefers to make others miserable-people like that they don't need tissues. But everyone else does.

     I crumble up the tissue in my hand after using it. "Is loving someone supposed to feel this painful," I sigh, staring down at my hand and not making eye contact with Allison. "I've been with others, but it's never felt like this. It makes me feel as if I'm being over dramatic." If I'm being honest,  I thought loving something was supposed to be unique, but it was terrible-Melanie, Zoey, Linda, Ashley, Claudia, Daphne, Sophia, Veronica, and now Five. But this time, I've never felt love like this with Five. Not because he's a guy. It just does. He makes me feel as if I'm on a different planet.