Chapter 13

Sorry, for not posting consistently, I'll get better with time. (I've just been really busy with class and work.) Love you guys!

—————

I wipe the wet tears off my face and walk downstairs.

I probably should listen to him and make up a lie. It'll be best for me... For now at least.

I spot a maid who seemed to be pretty young, I decide to walk up to her. Before I could say anything her eyes go wide at the sight of my bruised wrist.

I explain to her that a random guy attacked me and my wrist is aching badly. She immediately brings me to another section of the mansion. This part of the mansion looks like a hospital.

This is probably where I was that time I woke up in a hospital bed.

She takes me inside of a room, "Stay in here, the doctor will be in here shortly. I hope you feel better, sweetheart." she says, heading towards the door.

"W-wait. What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Elena." She says, with a small warm smile on her face before walking out the door.

I swear at myself mentally for being so shy. I wanted to thank her but the nervous pit in my stomach never disappeared. I sigh and sit on the patient chair, waiting for the doctor to come.

After a few minutes, a man walks in. I'm assuming he's the doctor because he's dressed like one.

"Hi Naomi, I'm Dr. Smith. You belong to Zayvion right?" Dr. Smith asks.

"Mhm." I hum.

"And you're injured?" He asks.

"Yes."

Dr. Smith asks me what happened and I repeat the same thing I told the young maid. I say a random vampire attacked me because I wouldn't let him drink from me. But he ran off when he found out I belonged to Zayvion. Although that didn't happen, it sounds believable.

After I told him the story, he did tests on me to make sure I was okay. Then he did X-rays on me.

"So, Naomi. One of the bones in your forearm is broken at the top. It was a transverse fracture to your ulna. Basically whoever did it, probably knew what they were doing because it was a clean break." Dr. Smith states.

I gulp, "How long will it take to heal?"

"Generally 6-8 weeks but it could take way longer if you don't give it a break. Thankfully all you'll need for now is a splint." Dr. Smith says.

"Okay." I simply say. "I'll be back, let me grab the items I need to help you." He says.

Dr. Smith leaves and comes back a few minutes later with the stuff he needs. I wince as he adjusts my wrist and puts on the splint.

"Alright, I'm finished. I'm going to take you to another room. You won't be able to leave it until Zayvion gets back. I've already told Zayvion about your injury and he instructed me to have you stay in this section of the mansion until he gets back."