CHAPTER 1

Hi guys! I hope you enjoy this story. Please vote, leave comments, and don't be afraid to grammar/spell check me. ;)
—————
Caleb and I were in the woods heading towards an abandoned house. We were at the house a few days ago. But Caleb left some of the money we had there. We never stay at one place for too long.

Vampires have taken over the world and they're in control of everyone and everything. Caleb and I escaped that. We're childhood friends and even our parents were friends. Our parents passed away a few years ago.

Our parents were meeting up in the woods. My mother sent Caleb and I to gather food. Once we returned we found them dismembered.

My father wasn't there when it happened. Only because he was drafted in the war between vampires and humans.

He died.

"Naomi, Can you walk any faster?" Caleb asked.

"Can you shut the fuck up?" I asked, stopping in my tracks and staring at him. He stared at me back and stopped walking.

"Alright fine." He said, as he continued walking.

"Relax, it was a joke!!" I say, walking up to him and pulling him by his arm. "That's what I thought." He said chuckling, as I let go of his arm. I laughed along with him.

After about twenty minutes, we had finally made it to the porch of the house. I wanted to hurry because I've seen a scout last time we were here. Scouts are mostly humans who are slaves. They scout out areas and report if they've seen any unowned humans wondering around.

Caleb fidgeted with the shotgun he had in his hands. He entered through the front door and I followed behind him. I walked towards the back door and went outside. I sat on an old wooden chair, waiting patiently for Caleb to finish collecting the money.

It's had been about ten minutes and I was beginning to wonder what the hell he was doing. "Naomi, come here!" He shouted. I got up and went towards the living room. "Read this note, this wasn't here last time." He said, handing it to me. I took the note and begin reading it.

"By the time you read this note, I hope you're out this house. If you're still here, I suggest you leave. The scouts will be there tomorrow when the sun sets."

"Shit." I whispered. I don't know who the note is for. But I know someone was here after us. I looked out the window and noticed that the sun was setting. "Let's get going." Caleb said, handing me the bag which had all the money in it. Caleb picked up the shotgun he had leaning against the couch.