Beat 8

Gwen walked into school. Her heart raced. I'm a few more minutes the whole Prom thing was starting. 

Like most schools, they kept theirs in the gym instead of actually trying to get something different. 

Her senses went off, and she knew there was something wrong, but what?

Peter splashed water on his face. He turned off the bathroom sink. Her grabbed a towel, and dried his face. He looked up. 

"Oh no." 

His right side of his face, behind his eye and cheek, was covered in green scales. 

He got his bag out and grabbed his Aunt May's makeup. He put a lot on the green side of his face. He knew he did something idiotic, but it was to late to turn back now. 

When ever he felt resentment, or angry he turned into that stupid Lizard. There had been close calls on multiple occasions too. He sighed. 

"Not today Peter... not today."

Gwen walked over into the Gym and found Peter talking to someone. He looked up at Gwen and excused himself. He ran over. 

"Hi." 

" 'Sup." 

He smiled. "Uh how are you?" 

"I'm okay, you?" 

"I've... um... been better." He said softly. 

Gwen raised an eyebrow. 

"Alright. So what do we do here?" Gwen asked looking around. 

"Great question. I don't know." 

The two laughed for a moment, before they started to watch everyone come in. Gwen wore a pink dress long sleeved that came to her knees. She wore her black leather jacket over it, which had pins of different bands she liked. 

"You know, you look pretty. Well you always have-but-now it's like your prettier—but you always were— I'm talking to much aren't I?" 

Gwen laughed a little. "Just a little. But thanks!" 

"No prob." He said staring at her face. 

Gwen looked down awkwardly as Flash and MJ walked in. The two walked over to Peter and Gwen. 

"What's up punny Parker?" 

Peter looked down and clenched his fists. 

"Hey back off!" Gwen said threateningly. 

"I'm only here because my MJ wanted to talk to you." He said coldly. 

"It's true Gwen... can we chat?" 

Gwen looked at Peter who nodded his head. The two girls walked away. 

"Hey Gwen... I'm sorry but we actually have a meet tonight at the restaurant." 

"What?! You said the band wasn't playing tonight?!" 

"I did but it turns out the manager is threatening to kick us out if we don't Gwen! Look, can help me PLEASE!"

 Gwen looked at her. No matter how much she wanted to slap MJ she knew she couldn't.

"Okay okay... we leave together okay? That was Flash and Peter know we aren't lying." 

"Ooo smart!" 

They did the band's handshake and walked their separate ways.