Not the Last Beat (A Twisted Origin Part 2: Beat 1)

Two Years Later.

Gwen Stacy: Age 19

"Easy going now." 

She moved the test tube easily, slowly pouring a mixture. 

"Easy..." 

Her eye twitched as she continuously did the task. 

"Easy dose it... GWEN STOP!"

"WHAT?!"

A black explosion happed. Gwen Stacy took her goggles off leaving her face black, and eyes and nose fine. 

"That could have gone better."

"YOU—... I'm not gonna talk." Gwen said throwing her lab coat off. 

"Not going to say what?" Harry Osborn asked folding his arms. "Hit me I can take it."

"No kidding Sherlock. If you hadn't been distracting me I could have done it!" She snapped. 

"I did no such thing!"

"YES YOU DID!" Gwen yelled. 

She had a crazy look in her eyes. Harry took a step back taking his lab coat off. 

"Your right, your right. I asked you to do it because you have the steady hand of the two of us." Harry said taking off gloves. 

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." Gwen said sarcastically. 

"There's more isn't there?"

"Oh yes there is! I'm so very sorry I hurt your feelings, and I think you should probably go live your life as the influencer you are!"

"Are you mad about something?" 

"I'm being hunted by my own father, my mom was laid off, and not to mention the city hates me!"

"I don't." 

Gwen looked up at Harry. He had a small smile. Gwen looked down. She glanced up, and he was still smiling. Gwen hung her head. 

"Can you stop!" 

"Why?" 

"No reason." 

Harry walked over and crouched down. "Your smiling." 

"Shut up!" 

Gwen pushed him backwards.

"I want to be mad at you and your making it worse!" Gwen yelled. 

Harry laughed hard. Gwen finally stood up. 

"Allow me to take you home." He said with that thick British accident he always had. 

"I'm not going to my apartment." Gwen said sassily. 

"Okay then where to?" 

"I'm going home, mom and dad invited me over for dinner." Gwen said tilting her head. 

"Oh wow so fancy, but you need to get changed, therefore you need to go to your apartment." 

Gwen looked down. She was covered in the black dust. She looked at Harry who was also covered.

"You do too! You need to go to your big fancy rich boy house to get changed."

"Are you bullying me?"

"Yes I am, and your coming to dinner!"

A worried look crossed his face. "Well erm... I dunno if that's necessary."