Chapter 16

"So, we're keeping the same timeline?" Molly asked.

"Yes," Morgan confirmed, taking my hand softly into his.

"And the budget? We're back to the original amount?" She confirmed. "Because you called me last week in a panic saying we might have to push back the date and change the budget and I just want to make sure that we're on the same page."

I looked at Morgan and gave him a faint smile. That poor wedding planner had had her work cut out for herself in the last couple of weeks, trying to navigate a constantly changing budget and tiptoeing around Morgan's ever changing mood. He looked into my eyes and gave me a quick nod, making sure that I agreed with him.

"We're all on the same page," I stated. "Thank you for putting up with all these crazy changes."

"Oh, don't mention it! It's nothing," Molly assured me. "Glad to know we're back on track!"

She slammed her laptop shot and grabbed her bag from the kitchen counter, giving us a bright smile and jumping off the stool she was sitting on. "Have you picked out your dress yet?" She asked me.

Shit. Between J and Josh and all of the craziness, I haven't even had time to think about my dress.

I assume Molly saw the panic in my eyes because she let out a soft giggle and handed me the business card of a bridal boutique downtown Nashville and said I should call ahead of time and let them know she had referred me. She said they would close the store for me so I could shop in peace and while I insisted that it wasn't necessary, she said that getting married to a celebrity meant that people would go out of their way to snap pictures of me and leak my dress before my big day. So I agreed.

***

"Are you excited?" Amanda asked me as I was getting ready to head out.

"More nervous than excited," I admitted.

"Oh, stop! It'll be fun!" She insisted.

"You can totally come if you want, you know," I offered again. "You don't have to stay here."

"That's okay," she said. "I'll make sure he doesn't get himself in trouble while you're gone," she added, winking at Morgan. Weird. He lifted his head from his phone and cocked an eyebrow.

"I don't need a babysitter."

"Debatable," I teased, and he rolled his eyes at me. I took a few steps towards the couch where he was sitting to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"I shouldn't be back too late," I assured him.

"Take all the time you need, I'm not going anywhere," he whispered before pulling me in for a second kiss. I smiled against his lips, feeling my stomach flutter.

"I can't wait to be married to you," I whispered into his ear. He hooked his index fingers into the waistband of my jeans and pulled me into his lap. My knees landed on the couch on either side of him and he immediately put both hands on my ass, sitting me down on top of him and gluing his lips to the side of my neck. I giggled at the feeling of his mustache tickling my skin.

"Stop! I have to go," I complained, laughing as I tried to bring my chin into my shoulder to move his face away.

"Mmm, I don't want you to go just yet," he mumbled, grinding into me through his jeans.

"Baby!" I giggled, trying to get off of him.

"C'mon, lovebirds," Amanda scolded. "She's gonna be late."

Morgan wrapped his arms around me one last time before whispering faintly in my ear.

"She has got to go home. I want to make love to my fiancé on my own damn couch whenever I want to."