Beat 1

"I'm just saying!" 

A boy laughed, adjusting his glasses.  "No you're right, it's just stupid." 

A girl looked up at him.  "It's not stupid." 

"Gwen, your a science geek, nerd, what ever you wanna call it. Listen to yourself !" 

Gwen Stacy smiled at Peter Parker. "Meh, I proffer to read it somewhere. Now, what's for lunch?"

Slop was poured on her bowl. Gwen bit her lip as Peter snickered and fixed his glasses again. 

"Oh shut up Peter!" 

"Nope! Make me." 

Gwen shook her head and the two walked to a lunch table. Gwen looked at the food and winced. Why was it always like prison food?

Peter took a bite. "Gwen! It's actually okay food! It's not poison!" 

Gwen looked at it. She looked at Peter. "Positive? Is this another lunch food prank?" 

"Nope." Gwen took a bite. "Hm, not bad, could use some garlic bread." 

Peter smiled at her. He took his glasses off and cleaned them. "There's so much dust at this school, my glasses get fogged up quickly." 

"Yeah no kidding. I feel like Annie." 

A girl at a near by table gasped. 

"NO ANNIE I DIDN'T MEAN YOU! I meant like the play, or movies you know..." 

Annie rolled her eyes and stood up and walked to another table. 

Gwen sighed. 

"Um... that was... nice." 

"Yeah no kidding. Probably thinks I'm another bully." Gwen said softly. 

Peter looked down. "I guess we are the oddballs... oh no." 

"WHAT'S UP PARKER!" 

Gwen looked up at Flash Thompson. 

"Oh no no no." Peter said grabbing the table. 

Flash walked over and cracked his knuckles. "Hear you've been calling me rude." Flash said coldly. 

"I-I-I haven't!" Peter pleaded. 

"Flash leave him alone!" 

He looked at Gwen. "Who died to make you Queen?" 

One of Flash's goons walked up and grabbed her and held her back. 

"Hey Parker no teachers around to save your butt." Flash picked him up and punched his face. 

Gwen felt uncomfortable, disappointed, and mad. Gwen punched the goon and ran in front of Peter. She clenched her fists and glared.

"TOUNCH HIM AGAIN OR YOU WON'T LIKE HOW I TOUCH YOU!" 

Flash looked at her. "HA! PETER LOOK! Stacy's more man that you are!"

 Gwen clenched her fist. "Leave him alone!" 

"Gwen... stop." 

"Parker you gotta girlfriend?!" Flash teased more.

"LEAVE. HIM. ALONE!"

Flash looked at Peter, then Gwen. "See you later love nerds." 

Gwen eyed Flash hard. Flash walked away and Gwen made sure of it. 

"Um... thanks." 

She turned to Peter and helped him up. His glasses broken, and his nose was bleeding. 

"No problem. We'll be rid of him soon. It's our junior year." 

"But that means we have one more year." He said softly. 

Gwen thought. "True... maybe he'll get expelled." 

 Peter laughed at the idea. "Very funny. Flash is the most popular guy here."

Gwen nodded and looked at him carefully. "You should probably see the nurse... and fix your broken glasses." 

Gwen suggested. Peter nodded his head in agreement and she helped him up. 

"You are okay right?" Gwen said softly. 

Peter nodded his head. "I've been hit worse." He said with an embarrassed smile. 

Gwen looked down. "Hey cheer up, we have a field trip to Oscorp tomorrow." She said enthusiastically. 

Peter looked up. "Yeah! And we are the brains of the grade so it should be fun." 

"That's the spirit!" Gwen said happily! 

Peter smiled and shrugged.he looked down as his ears went bright red. "Hey... I wanted to know if you wanted to see a new movie... like you and me as friends. You've been my best friend for a while and I wanna thank you." He said softly. 

Gwen's heart tugged. "Aw! Thanks... I don't need to see a movie though. What you said says a lot. I don't need a movie." 

"It's Top Gun Maverick." He said smirking. 

"SIGHN ME UP! WHEN CAN WE GO?!" 

Petter laughed and smiled. "I don't know, I have to ask Uncle Ben and Aunt May." 

"Oh okay. I'll ask my parents."

Th bell for lunch rang and the two looked back at each other.

"See you later?"

"Not unless I go home. See you tomorrow, Gwen."

"See 'you around Peter."

The two gave one last smile and parted ways.