Chapter 19

Alice gave Jeremy the address of her sister's bar and he rushed back to the office where Dov, Gail, Traci and Chris were all waiting.

"I was right!" Jeremy panted.

"Curtis's sister shot Andy?" said Gail.

"Yes. She said we can find her in... The Dusty Saucepan" said Jeremy.

"Ew! The Dusty Saucepan?! That place has the worst drinks" said Traci. 

"That's a place for a criminal to hide away if I ever heard of one" said Chris.

"So what do we do, Jeremy?" said Dov.

"You're asking me?" said Jeremy.

"Yeah. You basically trained yourself to think like a cop" said Chris.

"Man-boy's right. You crack crooked nuts better than we do" said Traci.

"And I suppose you have an idea already" said Gail.

"As a matter of fact... I might" said Jeremy.

He whispered his plan to the rest of the rookies. 

"Wow. That's actually good" said Gail.

"Yeah. It might work" said Chris.

The cops drove the squad car behind the Dusty Saucepan bar.

Dov and Chris hid up on a high balcony overlooking the downstairs floor of the pub with a snare trap prepared. 

Gail and Traci hid behind tables, ready to pounce when they were told.

Jeremy stripped from his uniform and put on his suit and tie. 

Azalea Curtis, who looked just like Alice, was standing at the bar when she saw him come in. 

"Are you Azalea Curtis?" said Jeremy.

"Yeah. Are you aware this is private property?" said Azalea.

"Perfectly. I'm just here to offer you a performance" said Jeremy taking out his guitar.

Azalea inspected the man and said, "Hmm. As long as you don't waste my time."

Jeremy started strumming an instrumental song and to his surprise, Azalea paid attention. 

Seeing Jeremy dance to the tune, she let herself go and joined him.

At the end of the song, Jeremy snapped his fingers and Dov and Chris pulled the trigger on the trap and Azalea was ensnared.

Gail and Traci jumped out of their hiding places and snapped handcuffs on Azalea's wrists. 

"This is what you get for shooting my fiancee, madame" said Jeremy.

Chris stuffed Azalea in the squad car, then gave Jeremy a congratulating slap on the back. 

"That was a bold move, Jeremy" said Chris.

"Your plan worked. I take back everything I ever said about you" said Gail.

"Way to be a leader, man! I think your singing buddy would be really proud of you" said Dov.

"Thank you, Dov" said Jeremy.

"More importantly, Andy is gonna be so happy you avenged her" said Traci.