Part 45: King's Ire

"Shizuku-chan!"

Along with the voice, before she noticed 10 shining barriers were created and protected her. And within those, there were also lights that cut in between Nia and Eri that burst out! Should it have been called, barrier burst or something, it was a technique that made the magical power contained within the barriers go out of control and burst out light as well as letting loose the remains of the barrier.

"~!?"

Eri immediately covered her face with both of her arms but, was blown back after flinching due to the bright light which caused her to lose her balance as the remains of the barrier rammed into her.

Nia who was holding down Shizuku was also similarly blown back. Although she immediately got back up to try and restrain Shizuku, before that, a rope of light grew out from the ground and bounded her.

Shizuku was completely dumbfounded at the current situation and turned towards the voice that called out her name.

From within the gaps of the knights who were surrounding them, she caught the appearance of her best friend who shouldn't have been there. It was not an illusion. Kaori was definitely looking at Shizuku with a grief expression. Surely with the sight of Shizuku and everyone else's tragic state, being able to just barely make it in time has allowed her eyes to loosen up in relief.

"Ka, Kaori......"

"Shizuku-chan! Wait for a bit! I'll help you right away!"

Kaori's voice sounded out desperately towards Shizuku and them who were surrounded by soldiers as she appeared from the entrance of the plaza. Then, she quickly started chanting full-heal recovery magic. It was the first-class recovery magic of the light system, "Sacred Text". From her classmate's current state and the situation, she judged that she should quickly heal all members.

"~!? Why are you here! You guys sure are set on getting in my way!"

Eri gave out orders to the knights as her face distorted in anger. The knights all attacked Kaori together in order to stop her chant.

However, Kaori was not hurt, the swords that the knights were wielding were stopped by a barrier of light.

"Everyone! What exactly happened! Return to your senses! Eri! What exactly does this mean!?"

Having protected Kaori who was chanting the first-class recovery magic, Liliana soon appeared right behind Kaori. A sphere-like barrier wrapped around Kaori and herself in order to defend themselves.

Liliana was extremely confused as the situation was that the knights and soldiers were trying to kill Kouki and them and they were also following Eri's commands. While placing up the barrier she called out to question Eri. However, Eri wasn't listening at all.

Liliana's techniques were definitely of the higher class. Being able to cover an entire caravan in a barrier and holding out against the attacks of over 40 bandits. That's why, even if the knights delivered severe attacks with their limiters removed, it was definitely capable of holding out until Kaori's chant was finished.

And, because Eri understood that, her expression showed impatience.

"Chi, it can't be helped I guess?"

Was it because of impatience? Eri gave up on turning her classmates into puppets and decided to kill them all off before they were healed.

Then, at that time, suddenly before Liliana's eyes, one of the knights who brandished his sword against the barrier was beheaded and collapsed onto the ground.

The one who appeared behind the fallen knight was......Daisuke Hiyama.

"Shirasaki! Princess Ririana! Are you alright!"