Part 16: Lakeside Reunions

In the middle of the vast plain was a highway stretching far to the North. Although it was called a highway, it was just ground without weeds since it had been trodded on so many times, thus it naturally became a road. Since there's no such thing as a suspension in carriages of this world, the carriage crew would indeed have sore butts by the time they reached their destination.

Out of nowhere, a shadow darted across the bumpy road with incredible speed, while another soared above, keeping pace. The first shadow belonged to a black vehicle with two wheels, carrying two individuals, while the other was a silver creature carrying a rider on its back.

They are Hajime, Yue, Keiji, and Shia. They moved on the highway at a speed incomparable to the time when they were at the bottom of the Raisen Grand Canyon. It might be more than 80km/h. Because there was nothing to obstruct his magic, the magic-driven two-wheeler's original specs could be displayed. Their seating order was just as usual: Yue between Hajime's arms. With Keiji currently is a smaller scaled-down version of his Bahamut form with  Shia on his back with her rabbit ears fluttering in the wind.

Warm sunlight poured down because of the good weather, and with Yue using her magic to adjust the wind pressure, it could be said it was good weather for touring. In fact, Yue and Shia were feeling the warm sunlight and comfortable wind with their entire bodies, closing their eyes because it felt pleasant.

Keiji descended a bit gliding a Hajime's right.

"You are getting good at that," Hajime calmly stated not looking off the road.

"Thanks, man the bike is cool too my wings are troublesome at times but I'm learning how to sustain the mana to maintain it."

Hajime smiles a bit. 

"Well the more control the better, hopefully, I won't have to use "Ritter" it's still in its prototype stages."

"You think it'll be able to contain Bahamut?"

"I'm confident once it's finished," 

Keiji goes quiet, "What if it's not enough..."

"You doubt me?"

Hajime raised a brow toward the silver beast. 

"No, I never said that."

"Then what do you mean we don't have time for riddles."

"What I mean is I don't believe in myself."

Keiji confessed everyone grew quiet until Shia rubbed his back.

"I believe in Keiji-san because he mostly uses his powers for good."

"Shia..."

Yue even spoke up. "Even though you're a lizard brain at times you mean well, and if Hajime trusts you I trust you too."

"Yue,"

"Just like when I met you in middle school our promise still remains, If you go down the wrong path I'll be there to set you back straight again,"

"Thanks, guys I'm glad to have yall as party members,"

Keiji's mood improved but still, the worry was present in his mind when Shia yawned.

Hajime sighed, "Well, with this pace we only need one day. I'll go non-stop, so let's rest when it's time to rest."

"Agreed.

Just as Hajime had said, Hajime and his party were going to a town only one day away; the town closest to the northern mountain range area where Will's party undertook the investigation request. They had advanced as is without taking a break, so they would probably arrive at sunset and start searching after a night's stay in town. The reason they were in a hurry was, of course, the fact that as more time passed, Will's party's odds of survival decreased. But because Hajime was being proactive for another person's sake, Yue was glancing upward with doubt on her face.