Part 32: Survival

"... Self-destruction is a man's romance."

"Really now of all times.."

"? ... Hajime?"

"Hajime-san?"

Hajime who suddenly muttered with a grin while the small beams poured from above, made Yue, Keiji, and Shia looked at him with dubious expressions. Shaking his head to tell them it was nothing, Hajime was supported by Yue and they all somehow managed to jump and arrived at the edge of the middle island.

The surrounding magma had become more and more rampaging since the time Tio flew away, and there was no other foothold except the middle island. The middle island would also be swallowed in less than five minutes.

Yue swallowed the pouring down small beams using "Absolute Calamity" while Shia swung down Doryukken at the Ash Dragons, who became impatient and came to directly attack them, making them fall into the magma. Already ten of the Ash Dragons were defeated.

The magma dome they saw at the beginning above the middle island had already disappeared, and they could see a jet-black building in exchange. Nearby the building was a disk floating a few centimeters above the ground. It might be the thing normally used to get out from the shortcut that allowed the ceiling to open earlier.

Leering at the Ash Dragons desperately trying to dodge the magma pillars gushing out and attacking them, Hajime's party approached the jet-black building.

At a glance, it only looked like a tall building without any door, but a part of the wall had the same crests of the Seven Great Dungeons carved in. Standing before that part of the wall, the wall soundlessly slid and the party entered the building. The party entered the building at the same time the magma flowed, swallowing the middle island. Once again, the door closed soundlessly and halted the magma from flowing inside within a hair's breadth.

After watching the door for a while and seeing the door didn't melt nor was there any magma flowing inside, Hajime's party breathe sighs of relief. They had expected the dwelling to be built here and had prepared for such a case. Thus, the result was a relief.

"We are safe for the time being... Even so, for this room to even intercepted the vibration..."

"Nn... Hajime, over there."

"A magic circle."

As soon as he entered the room, Hajime was surprised by not feeling a major tremor. Responding to his mutter, Yue, who was by his side, pointed her finger. The thing she pointed at was a complex and exquisite magic formation. The magic array for Age of Gods Magic. The party nodded at each other and came into the formation.

Just like the time in Orcus Great Dungeon, their memories flowed out without permission, tracking how they conquered the dungeon. Thus, after it was confirmed that they conquered it by subjugating all of the  Serpents, the Age of God's magic was directly carved into their brains.

"... I see, this is Spatial Magic."

"... The seed for instant movement."

"Ahh, just like that guy who suddenly appeared from behind, right."

"So like a flash step."

Apparently, the Age of Gods Magic resided in Guryuu-en Great Volcano was [Spatial Magic] Another magic that could interfere with an unexpected thing. As usual, the magic at the Age of Gods was far from being normal.

Yue was referring to Freed's surprise attack. The very first surprise attack was likely to appear from above using Spatial magic. Although she didn't understand whether he teleported or just distorted the space to hide, it didn't change the fact that it was troublesome. Even the first surprise attack would have hit if not for Keiji's "Switch"  A fine play.