Chapter Seven

This chapters dedicated to PatShelley

We're on our way out when the machine stops it's constant beeping with a long lone beep sounding as if a heart stopped beating we look to her in unison. She's holding a wire. That was on the machine, phew.  She has a weird face of satisfaction, looking as if she's on the edge of a breakthrough, "We could use her."  Jack's grip on me tightens.  Use her, use her for what?

"Use her for what?" He asks a bit shaky reading my mind.

"Bring her over here."  She demands not looking at us.   You better not, I mentally tell him.

"Use her for what?"  He asks again regaining his voice.

"Well, if this experiment dies we could just use her, after all they're sisters."  She looks to us, hands on a table.  I'm frozen in shock then I scream and escape his grasp to kill her, but he gets to me faster.  
He pulls me off of her.  I just want to rip both of they're heads off I can't even see straight.  He says something (in which I have no idea what, I was screaming too loud) to her and carries me out.

He puts me down on the crumbled up sidewalk and sits next to me I get up he follows my lead then looks like he'll say something comes closer as if to hug me I interrupt before,  "No don't touch me!  Don't even think about talking to me I'm leaving so don't follow." I demand walking away till he catches up with me.

"So your just leaving, giving up is so unlike you!"  How does he know how I'm like I've never met him until yesterday.

"I need to think I'm not leaving without her.  And how in the heck do you keep doing this?"

"Doing what?" He asks, calmed down and confused.

"Acting as if you know me when we just met. Yesterday." I remind him.  He looks to me worried clearly thinking of an excuse. "Tell me the truth, that's all I ask."

"I know you."  He whispers so quietly only the two of us can hear.

"How." I demand.

He sighs, grabs me gently, and whispers,  "Your memory was erased at first I was shocked to see you I hoped you remembered me." He looks saddened.  "But you didn't you went straight back to Chris."

"What do you mean?"

He backs away from me "You fell for his charm." He sorrowfuly sighs out.

"I have not fallen for Chris.  I don't even know him."

"You have and won't even admit it!"  He accuses walking up to me and before I have time to react he-

He kissed me.  It felt like all my anger escaped and in it's place was confusion. "Wha-" he shushes me before I can finish.

"Don't choose him, May, he's no good  to you." He gently says catching me off guard, yet again. 

~~~ Jack's(yet again) memory~~

She's running fast at the mob.  She slides under the big ones legs which is a pretty tight squeeze if you ask me she runs into a bit of trouble when one grabs her.  I hurry up to get my gun ready, aim, shoot it goes down she looks up to me and smiles in appreciation.   After I kill the mob of zombies I climb down.

"Hey, I'm Jack." I offer her my hand.

"Maya."  She says through breaths looking up to me and taking off a hand from her knee to shake mine.

"You should come with me before more come."  I climb back up the wall and offer her a hand she shakes her head then climbs it herself.

"So, where are we going?"

"We're going to the safe house."

"What about the compound?"

"You mean refugee?  It's not as safe there as what you think it is."  She gives me a confused look.  Then a light bulb, her eyes go big.

"My sisters there." She says panic evident in her voice.

"We'll get her back don't worry."

"Let's go there now."

"I'm not sure if we should.  The safe house is closer and we'll sleep there for the night."

"You said it yourself it's not safe there.  We need to get her."

"It's safer for her to stay we can't risk are lives traveling at night."  She thinks for a minute, a minute we don't really have then agrees.

A/n:
This chapter might, most likely be confusing, but it made sense to me when I was writing it.  I might take it down for a bit later to fix it.  Let me know what you think.  Hope your having a spectacularly wonderful day.  Love you all.

Love,
MJkarr98