Chapter Five

~~~~~~~Jack's P.O.V~~~~~~~~~

She looks up to me with a worried expression I want to tell her the truth, but if I did she'd think I wasn't worth her time. Instead of telling her I make up an excuse, "I mean I knew someone like you, my sister."  s**t I didn't mean to say sister now I'll be friend zoned forever.

"Oh." Is all she says looking down at are predicament growing bright red I wipe her tears then let her go, get up, then offer her my hand. She shakes her head and I walk out, leaving her on the bathroom floor.

"What did you do?" Chris asks now standing up, looking quite mad. He seriously has no reason to any way.

"Nothing." I reply honestly, making him look even more furious.

We stare each other down until Maya comes out looking to the both of us she asks, "What's going on here?" We both look at her in unison; her brows scrunched together, her freckled cheeks a lighter red, and her green eyes, damn those eyes they're trouble.

"Nothing. Do you want something to eat?" Chris replies before me.

"Uh, yeah, I could eat." She says awkwardly.

"Cool, I'll go get it now." He smiles at her then runs out. Making me more fumed than before. I seriously need to calm down before I punch him in the face. I look down to her; forgetting what I was going to say as she looks up to me. I stand mouth open.

"What?"  She asks looking worried.  "Is there something on my face?" She tries wiping something that's not even there.

"No, your just good to look at."  I say aloud making her eyes grow big and her cheeks bright red.  She is really beautiful, perfect even (well for me anyways.)

~~~~~ Maya's P.O.V~~~~~

Did he seriously just say that?  I look down; trying to hide my embarrassed face.  He just continues starting at me. "Can you please stop, you're making me nervous." He blinks a couple times then does as I say and goes to sit on the couch, I stand for awhile then decide to sit down with him, but on the opposite end.

—————————————————

We've been in this awkward silence up until Chris arrived with some food and breaks it. "So, I've got some jerky, apples, oranges, crackers, and some rolls, so who wants what?" He says in a cheery voice walking through the door then stops to look at both of us in suspicion, but doesn't say anything and sits between us on the couch; closer to me than Sarah would like.

"I'll take an apple." I say breaking the scowls between Jack and Chris. Chris grabs the apple and a roll then hands them to me.

We eat in silence with uneasiness, anger,  awkwardness, and unspoken words that haven't been said yet in the air.

"Um, I think you two need to talk about somethings, so I'm just gonna go outside to get some fresh air." I say getting up and starting for the front door when Chris grabs me.

"You can't leave." He pleads with a worried look.

"I just need fresh air and the two of you need to clear up whatever the heck is going on between the two of you." I say shaking his hand off of my wrist.

"What if someone sees you?" Jack speaks up. They really don't understand when a girl needs some space to think.

"Well, they see me what's the big deal?" I ask a little bit too frustrated.

"They'll lock you up." Chris answers without hesitation and standing up looking me in the eyes with a pleading look.

"I don't plan on staying here forever. I need to find my sister." I choke up a bit thinking about her. I sure hope she made it. "Do you guys know if she's here?" They both look at each other in unison. What the heck is going on? "Where is she." I plead.

"She's-" Chris says cutting himself off as if he doesn't want to give anything away.

"Where is she?" I demand this time much angrier.

"She's not here, she left." Chris says in resignation.

"How the freak do you know her?!"  I yell at them.

"Same last name as you."  Chris says matter of factly.  I run past them and to the door and close it behind me with a slam in Jack's face.

"You can't leave."  Jack pleads.  I roll my eyes at him.

"Watch me."  I ruthlessly reply.

"It's too dangerous."  He grabs my arm and spins me around to face him.  I jerk my arm out of his grasp.

"Each minute I spend here with you people, means another minute my sister is out there fighting for her life."  I stare him in the eyes; tears threatening to spill my vulnerabilities.  I turn and continue on my path.

"He lied."  He yells after me, making me stop in my tracks.

~~~~~~~~~Jack's Memory~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe she's here, standing in the observatory right in front of me.  "Turn on the sound."  I demand to Chris as she walks up to the glass.

"What am I; some sort of science project?"  She questions making me smile.  I didn't think she'd be sarcastic in this situation, but she is. "Let me out of here!" She screeches out. "Where is she?" She finishes, falling to the ground crying.  Leaving me confused.

I have everyone look up her name.  The constant tap of the key board is driving me insane.  "She has a sister that has been emitted to the lab." A weakly nerdy guy in my division says not looking away from his screen.

A/N
SO what do you think?  A bit crazy I hope that you were able to understand it all if not I'll try to fix it and answer all the questions you've got.  Anyways I hope your having a great day.

Love,
MJkarr98