Chapter Two

He's grabbing me yelling at me to follow him, but I just can't move anymore now that my mind has caught up to me.  Did he really just kill those two?  Why is he doing this?  Will the same fate happen to me?

"Why?" Is all that escapes my lips as we reach an ally way outside.

"Come on, there going to catch us."  He motions for us to run, but I stay planted to my spot; knees shaking.

"No! You killed two people." I screamed as my knees failed me.

"Those were tranquilizers.  Now let's get out ta here." When I don't move he picks me up and runs.

"Put me down!" I yell punching his back and kicking my legs until he puts me down.

"If you want to live you have to run with me then." He says as if he was scolding a child.

"Why do you even care?" He doesn't respond; he just runs I follow a moment later, but lose him when he turns a corner.  I just have to keep going. 

I run past another ally and someone grabs me from behind drags me in and we hide in the shadows just as a mob runs past the gap.

"Phew, that was a close one."  Says an unfamiliar voice letting me go and  I spin on my heel to see my captor; one of the twins from the room, a scowling girl, and the guy from the corner.

"So can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?" I ask raising my brows.  "And who you people are?"

"I'm Jack, this is Sarah," the corner guy 'Jack' points to the brunette scowling at me, then continues "and this is-" he gets cut off by the twin.

"Christian." He says giving me his hand to shake with a smile that reaches his hazel green eyes.

"Maya," I say unsure if I should tell them.

"Cool," he says putting an arm around me which earns a deeper scowl from brunette, man if looks could kill I'd be dead.  "Maya, suits you." He whispers looking me up and down then lets me go.

 Suits me, what the heck is that supposed to mean? 

"Kay, numskull, finished yet?  Cause we need to go." Jack teased as he started climbing up a fire escape followed by Sarah.

Seems like Jack and Chris have been friends for a long time by the way they seem so comfortable with each other. It reminds me of my sister and I, we'd tease each other every day it was are ways of saying 'I love you' without actually saying it.  Man, I'd give anything to be back to those days.

"You first." Christian says snapping me back to reality I look at him as he rests one hand on the side of the ladder.  When I don't go he says, "It's perfectly safe."

"That's not why." I say shaking my head. "I'm not going up there completely blind.  I have no idea what's going on and why it's going on.  Can you please tell me?" I beg he just looks at me as if expecting something.

"Okay," he throws up his hand in resignation, walks up to me, rubs the back of his neck, looks down, then continues in a hushed sympathetic tone, "My mom wants you dead she thinks that you'll start up trouble, but we're keeping you here while we try to prove her wrong."

"Why would she want me dead?" My voice fails me instead of sounding normal I end up sounding strained and afraid.  "And why are you helping me?"

"Because,"he sighs then continues, "Because this decision is wrong and I disagree.  I don't believe that it should be up to her whether or not a person should live or die.  We are all survivors for something, right?" I have no idea what to say so I just nod and gesture for us to continue up the ladder.  He smiles and follows my lead.

I start up the ladder it creaks at the movement, but remains sturdy. I'm glad when we reach the top  I don't want to test it any further.  I stand on the broken platform it feels a bit less sturdy and make me feel queasy.

"Where to?" I ask.  He just points to a window to the right of the building it's three down my eyes go big. "Is that even safe?" I think allowed.

"Nope, I'll go first if you want." He answers joining me. I just nod in return and he steps past me on the ledge.  "Don't look down." He warns.  Don't worry I don't plan on it.

"Do this much?" I ask in a shaky breath.

"What, hang out on ledges?" He asks.

"No, save girls from your murderous mother." I answer earning a chuckle from him.

"Nope, your the first." he says popping the 'p' and looking back to me.  I don't know why, but it makes me smile knowing I'm special.  Also it didn't help coming from a complete hottie like Chris. 

All of a sudden my foot catches on a crack, my heart stops beating, I stop breathing, everything slows, and my whole life flashes before my eyes.  Oh my gosh I'm gonna die! 

~~~~~~~~~

"What the heck are you wearing?" I ask Manda, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"Moms necklace." She says holding the heart locket grandma gave mom on her sixteenth birthday, it has been passed down from are great grandmas mother so its a family heirloom it goes to the oldest daughter and I'll get it when I turn sixteen in two years.  It just won't be given to me by mom, she died a year ago.

"I'm not stupid, I meant why are you wearing moms necklace?" I ask feeling betrayed that she would even think about touching moms things.

"I just- I thought-" she cuts herself off with a deep breath then continues, " I thought if I wore it maybe it might make me feel like mom is there with me." her eyes start tearing up making my heart pull I shouldn't have brought it up.

"Amanda, I'm sorry you can go ahead and wear it, but you can't keep it, it's mine too remember." I say giving her a squeeze. "And it makes for a good luck charm, we need all the luck we can get today."

"Could you stop hugging me, your kinda cutting off my air supply." she says changing subject and wiping her eyes.

"Oh, sorry." I let her go. "We should get going, you have a game to attend to."

"Also can you stop calling me 'Amanda' every one else calls me Harley." Harley is Amanda's middle name in which her friends call her by.

"Not a chance you will always be my Manda Panda." I say walking out of our room.

______________

We get to the game Amanda goes to warm up with the rest of the team while we drive off to hurry and pick up some flowers for a special surprise.

In ten minutes we reach the little shop. I'm rushing dad the entire time because I can't wait to see the game even though I don't know much about soccer as Manda does, but she's really good, she looks like a dancer when she's playing it's magnificent she's easily the most beautiful player out there.  You could tell she puts 110% into every game. If only she'd believe me when I tell her that she is the best player ever; she claims that I don't know a thing about soccer.

After we get her favorite flower- lilies. We run to the car and arrive in 8 minutes. Then run to find a spot just as Amanda's game is starting she sees us and smiles then I notice someone is charging at her, toppling her over. Before I know it I start running towards her as the whistle blows, but whoever it is won't let go of her even when the team members try to pull them off.  A high pitch scream bursts through the madness, whoever it is, bit Amanda.

A/n: so how are you guys liking it so far¿  If you like it please let me know I'd love to hear from you guys.  If you don't you could tell me what I could do to improve. 
I post a story every Monday. This one being it for now, but stick around to see what the future holds.  I love you and have a wonderful, spectacular, beautiful day wherever you are.

Love,
MJkarr98

P.s. sorry for any spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.