Chapter 11 - The Travelling Sweatshirt

"Luda!" Ivy called. "Have you seen my sweatshirt?" She was rummaging through my room, as she was set to fly out later that day. She had to get back to London, knowing university was important. She couldn't miss out on another week.

"No, I haven't. Did you put it somewhere?"

"It's my favourite," she replied.

"The green one?"

"Yes."

"Well, did you take it somewhere?" I asked once more. Her eyes widened as if she had realized. She soon nodded her head, grabbing my keys before heading out.

"Where's she off to?" Lena asked, walking in from her room.

"She- I have no idea." I started to chuckle, as Lena and I were about to head off. "We have to take your car now as she stole mine."

I grabbed my bag, before running out the door, closing it behind me. Lena had already started the car, as I hopped in. She laughed at my stressed face, and I couldn't help but smile. She brought something out in me. It was confusing; and different.

We drove together to training, and the Wolfsburg sun was not something I was going to take advantage of, especially as we headed into winter.

"I wish we had a beach around here," I said to her, leaning my head out the window.

"If only."

"I need a beach. I haven't been to one in years."

"Neither."

"We should plan a beach holiday."

"If you want to, I want to." I looked at her, and something fluttered. I'd go anywhere with her. I knew that; I hoped she did too.

We arrived at training, and it was time to get prepared for our next game of the season. We were set to verse Bordeaux in the second round of the Champions League. As we didn't win last season, we weren't going straight to the groups. We had to fight our way in against the French side.

We were to play two legs, the first one was at home and the second away. We were nervous knowing that our Champions League hopes rested on those games. But there is always hope. There is always belief.

We trained that day, and everyone felt good. Confident, even. I had started to manage my cramps, having no spasms during that training session. It was nice knowing that there were people who tried to help me—giving remedies that would work, and did work. It was refreshing.

"Elke!" I exclaimed as I went in for my recovery session with her after training.

"Yes Mila Wheeler," she replied. She was trying new nicknames for me each week until she found one she liked.

"That's a weird one," I replied. "But, I am adding extra salt to meals, and guess what! No cramps!" She smiled at me, as she rolled out my thighs.

"I told you!"

"How come you knew?"

"Girl, I'm a physio. Of course, I'll know." She looked at me as if there was a question she wanted to ask, but was too scared to so.

I soon looked up to see Jill walking in. She looked shocked to see me as if I wasn't supposed to be there when everyone knew I saw Elke after every three sessions.

"Hey," she said, coming and sitting near me.

"Hi?" I questioned.

"I- I was trying to find you." I looked at Elke, who was focusing on my leg, and then back to my friend.

"Um, okay. Why?"

"You're- you're my best friend. Am I not allowed to hang out with you?" I looked at her, with a suspicious glint in my eye.

"You're so fucking weird."

"And I love you too."

Elke soon finished, and I stood ready to head to the changing room. As I walked out of the room, Jill didn't follow. I was tempted to go back and tell her that to hang out with me, you had to be near me, but I thought otherwise. She had her reasons, and she would tell me because if she didn't, I would force it out of her.