Christmas Eve-Part 2

Adrien's heart pounded as Marinette's hands wrapped around his neck. He couldn't believe this was happening. He was going to do it. He was going to ask her now.

"Marinette, I need to ask you something."

"Well, more like say something. I mean, I do have to ask, but I also- well, it's a little bit of both," Adrien stammered.

The bluenette's heart pounded as she stared at the nervous blonde. Marinette had no idea what the question would be, but based on his facial expression, she could see it was important to him.

They had gotten amazingly close this past week, and while she didn't want to speculate, she was almost sure Adrien felt something for her. The jealousy over Luka and his lovely caption on their photo were some of many things that could say that. Right?

So, what if he asked her out? What if they were to return to school as a couple? What if her dream became a reality?

"Marinette?" Adrien called nervously.

It was only then that Marinette realized she had drifted in thought. Feeling embarrassed, the young girl nodded her head with a smile. Not sure if Adrien meant in private, Marinette decided to ask.

"Did you want to ask here or go somewhere more quiet?"

Adrien blushed, his hand reaching behind his neck as he rubbed nervously. The blonde had lost himself in her eyes. He failed to realize he had almost confessed on the dance floor.

Adrien looked around where he stood. The teens stood in the middle, circled by many of Marinette's family members and a few friends. The blonde's eyes scanned the room. While their best friends were not there, a few of their classmates were there, along with their families. The Dupain Chengs must have invited all those who had no Christmas plans. But was that a bad thing?

The more the model thought about it, the more he liked the notion of professing his love right then and there.

Marinette was a wonderful young woman who deserved the entire world, and Adrien believed that proclaiming his love publicly to her would mean the world to her.

He wanted the world to know because he was not ashamed of loving her! He felt blessed for the opportunity to get to know her. Loving her was unavoidable. Marinette was unique. She was priceless, and hopefully, she would be his.

"Here is fine," he responded after taking a deep breath. He was Adrien Agreste, he had faced many hardships in his life, and nothing stopped him from triumphing at everything, and he would not allow something as small as his nerves to keep him from confessing his love for the love of his life.

"Marinette, I-"

"Hey, Adrien, Marinette, look up!" A male voice interrupted Adrien's almost confession.

The model sighed as he turned to look at the source of the voice. Of course, it had to be one of their classmates. To top it off, it had to be Chloe's male slave. KIM! God, couldn't he have a break? He has wanted to confess since day one and never had the chance, and now that everything was perfect, Kim had to interrupt him. Maybe he should have done it in private after all.

Noticing the annoyed look in Adrien's eyes, Kim laughed. "Look up, my man," he repeated with a wink. While Kim would do anything for Chloe, he was tired of seeing Mr. and Mrs. Perfect continue to run in circles.

Sighing, the blonde turned to look at Marinette. His brows furrowed as he witnessed his crush nervously looking around the room and avoiding his stare. Confused, the model looked up, and his jaw dropped.

Adrien gasped as he took in the unique and beautiful plant known as the mistletoe. Adrien bit his lip as he looked back at Marinette nervously. It was a Christmas tradition to kiss the person you were with if you stood under the mistletoe, and while he wanted nothing more than to kiss Marinette, the blonde was not sure how Marinette felt about it.