Chapter 6- Baking with a princess

Adrien had never laughed as much as he had in the past twenty minutes. Just in the first couple of seconds of his baking lesson with Mr. Dupain Cheng, Marinette had managed to trip twice, drop flour on the floor, and get Adrien completely soaked.

-Flashback-

"Okay, while we wait for my parents, we should probably clean the kitchen and get the ingredients out. Sounds good?" Marinette asked, picking up dirty dishes from the nearby table.

"You got it, M'lady," Adrien replied happily, and Marinette almost melted as she heard his words. 'If only,' she thought to herself, blushing furiously.

As her nerves got the best of Marinette, she managed to trip on her own feet. Luckily, Adrien once again was there to catch her. "Wow, careful there, M'Lady. We wouldn't want you getting hurt. Who is going to bake if you do?" Adrien teased.

Marinette giggled and gave the blonde a slight push. "Just get to work, dork," Marinette responded, hiding her blush.

"Dork? Ouch! The pain," Adrien responded, grabbing his chest as he faked pain, and the teens laughed.

In only seconds, the teens managed to get in sync. Marinette picked up the table, and Adrien quickly wiped it clean. Without speaking, the two continued to the dishes. It was as if they both thought the same thing.

For both Adrien and Marinette, working together felt great. Almost natural.

Mr. Dupain Cheng stood by the door in shock. The teens worked together perfectly. As if they had been doing it all their lives. It was something he had never seen before. Marinette bearly raised a dish before Adrien took it and dried it. They were special. Even he and Sabine took time before being able to work great together.

"Wow, the kitchen looks great, kids," Mrs. Dupain Cheng spoke from behind her husband, scaring the teens, specially Marinette, who quickly let out a loud shriek and jumped up. The hose in her hand landed on Adrien's face, drenching his shirt and apron to their entirety, and choking him.

Adrien let out a cough as he swallowed some of the water. It didn't help that he also had some go up his nose.

"Oh my God, Adrien! Adrien, are you okay?" Marinette called out worryingly as she tapped on his back. "I am so sorry. It was an accident. I didn't mean to get you wet," Marinette apologized, reaching for a nearby hand towel and attempting to wipe him clean.

"Jesus Mari, is that why you invited me for Christmas, to choke me to death?" Adrien teased.

"It was an accident," Marinette responded, still feeling worried.

Adrien laughed. "I'm just kidding, Mari. It's okay. I know it was an accident, but I might need a raise after this. The original payment is no longer enough," he joked.

"S-shut up."

The adult watched the kids with amused looks on their faces. Of course, they knew of their daughter's feelings for the blonde model, but from the looks of it, the green-eyed boy had some secrets of his own.

"Okay, ingredients," Sabine called out, clapping her hands and purposely interrupting their flirting. She would help them, but maybe she would let the blonde boy work harder.