Chapter 11- Ornaments

Adrien nuzzled his face in his scarf, loving the feeling it gave him. He had loved the scarf ever since he got it on his birthday, but now that the blonde knew the truth behind it, he loved it even more. No one had ever done this for him. After his mother's disappearance, Adrien believed no one cared enough about him to be this thoughtful. But he was wrong. Marinette cared. She always had.

"Come on, slow poke. We got to get to the Christmas market before everyone else. You walk slower than my grandma," Marinette teased. She was surprisingly at ease after their moment this morning. She had plans to give Adrien a Christmas to remember, and she would do just that.

Adrien laughed. This girl was so surprising. Now, he was angry he hadn't seen it sooner. Nino was right. He was dumb.

"So what are we doing first, princess?" Adrien asked, hurrying his steps.

"Lights, a tree, ornaments, uhh, and gifts!" Marinette yelled excitedly.

"You're the boss."

"Good to know you know that," Marinette laughed.

"DADDY!!!!!" Adrien yelled, again making fun of Chloe, and Marinette lost it. How was it that the blonde knew exactly how to make it laugh?

_________________________

"Wow!" Adrien whispered as he looked around the Christmas market. "I had no idea this even existed."

Marinette bit her lip at the blonde's confession. "Well, you do now," She replied with a smile. "Come on, let's look around."

This was one of the best days of his life. Adrien couldn't help but begin to snap pictures. The model was not sure if he would ever do this again. Therefore, he would make the most of his time with the bluenette he loved.

"Princess, look at that tree!" Adrien called out, pointing at a giant tree in the middle of the market.

"Oh, that's the city tree. They do it every year but change up the decorations. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah," he whispered.

"Do you want to take a picture with it? I can do it," Marinette questioned, extending her hand for his phone.

"I got a better idea. Follow me, princess," Adrien called out, grabbing her hand and going toward a stranger that stood by the tree.

"Excuse me, sir," Adrien greeted. "Could you do me a favor and take a picture of my princess and me in front of this wondering tree? It's our first Christmas together," Adrien asked, surprising Marinette.

The bluenette's heart pounded at his words. 'Our first Christmas together?' Marinette wondered. If only that were true. Adrien had no idea how much she would love for them to really be together, but she was friend-zoned years ago.

"Of course," the man replied with a smile.

"Come on, princess," Adrien called out, ready to pose. The model in him never rested.

Marinette smiled as she stood beside him, but to her surprise, the blonde placed his arm around her waist and pulled her close. Snap, the flash went off as the man took the picture. "Thank you, princess. It is by far the best Christmas ever," Adrien whispered in her ear, and Marinette blushed. Snap, once again, the man took another picture.

 Snap, once again, the man took another picture