Chapter 13- Accidental confession

***Sorry I'm a bit rusty. I know it has been a bit, and I apologize. I really am trying to get a new computer. I hope you like it. Comment you thoughts below. Sending love, MMF.***

"Popcorn, check. Chips, check. Drinks, check. Maman got the baking goods. So I think we are all set. What do you think?" Marinette asked as she scanned the items in the basket. Not to her surprise, she was, again, met with silence.

The blonde had zoned out for the rest of the afternoon. After Marinette denied his request to reject the date, she was rewarded with silence. The model only spoke when asked a question that required more than a yes or no response. Otherwise, he would nod or shake his head. Therefore, eye contact was also a no-go.

"ADRIEN!" Marinette called out almost angrily. She was becoming annoyed with the situation.

The bluenette's voice brought the model out of his deep thoughts. "Huh?" He questioned, confused. He had been so deep in thought that he failed to hear the bluenette.

"What is going on with you?" Marinette questioned angrily. Adrien looked at the bluenette in shock. Was she angry with him? He didn't mean to ignore her, but his thoughts kept invading his mind. All he wanted was to figure out how to keep her from going on that date without having to profess his feelings. He wasn't ready to confess yet. Not until things were absolutely perfect.

"I'm sorry I was lost in thought," the blonde admitted.

"Lost in thought for two hours?" Marinette asked sarcastically. "I have been trying to talk to you this entire time, but you keep ignoring me. If that was how you were going to act, then you should have left me with Luka!"

Marinette didn't even know why she said that, but somehow she knew it would hurt Adrien like he was hurting her that very moment.

And Adrien felt it. His left hand gripped the bag he held that contained Christmas presents, specifically hers, as his teeth gritted amongst each other.

"Don't!" He spat out in a vicious whisper.

Marinette's eyes widened as she noticed the blonde's anger. That was definitely a side of Adrien she hadn't seen before. But the bluenette was not angry. Instead, she felt guilty. She didn't know why Luka bothered Adrien, but it was clear that he did. She had no reason to do that, yet she did.

"Don't do that, Marinette," he repeated, feeling hurt.

"Adrien, I-"

Marinette was interrupted by the sound of the blonde's cell phone. Taking the phone out of his pocket, the teens noticed the blonde's ex-girlfriend's name light up on the screen.

Marinette's heart broke. Part of her had hoped that Adrien's plea for her not to agree to the date was because he had feelings, but she was clearly wrong. She was still dreaming of a future that she would clearly never have.

Adrien had no intention of picking up the call. In fact, he hoped that Marinette would give him a sign that she had feelings for him, but to his surprise, the designer smiled weakly and whispered the following words.

"Forget it," Marinette whispered. "Go ahead and answer. I have someone to call and a date to plan." Marinette meant every word. She had decided. She would say yes to Luka. The bluenette knew it was time to move on from the model. She couldn't wait for him forever.

Marinette turned to walk away, but to her surprise, Adrien had already reacted.

"You're not going!" Adrien hissed as his right hand gripped her wrist tight.

"Excuse me?" Marinette responded in shock.

"You heard me, Marinette. You are not going on that date."