Chapter 18

Omniscient

Jeremiah and Cherie waited patiently outside of the airport as they waited for their Uber. They'd just touched down in LA and were now headed to Jeremiah's condo. Instead of renting, Jeremiah had bought a condo. The rent in LA was so much that he benefited more from paying a mortgage.

When the Uber arrived, Jeremiah put the bags in the trunk then got in the back with Cherie. On the way to the condo, they stopped at In-And-Out. Cherie had never tried it and had been talking about it all day. She was excited to try the animal style fries, they looked good from the pictures and TikTok videos she'd seen.

Once they arrived at Jeremiah's new home Jeremiah got the bags out and they headed inside of the building. Cherie looked around the lobby, amazed. It was beautiful, from the decor to the glass chandelier hanging. They made their way to the elevator and stepped on. Jeremiah pressed the button that said 5, the floor his condo was on. When the elevator stopped, they stepped off and walked down the hall to his door.

Jeremiah unlocked the door, and they stepped inside. The house smelt like the gain scent plugs that had been plugged in the wall by Jeremiah the last time he was here about three weeks ago. The furniture wouldn't be arriving until tomorrow, so the place was empty. They were going to have to go buy an air mattress and some bedding later.

"This looks so much better in person." Cherie dropped her bag, going straight into the kitchen. It was white with a marble countertop.  "Oh, you have a place for your wine." Cherie spoke, as she looked inside of the stainless steel fridge that had spaces for wine at the top. She closed it back, going into his bedroom.

The bedroom was very spacious and nice. It had a big window that had a nice view of the street, and a spacious walk-in closet. Cherie made her way into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom. Like the rest of the house, the bathroom was also nice and spacious. It had a nice bathtub, along with a walk-in glass shower. There was also a his and her sink with black counters. The mirror above the counter had a big mirror with a ring light. Lastly, the toilet had its own little room.

After touring the house, Cherie made her way back into the kitchen where Jeremiah was sitting on the counter. It was currently the only place besides the floor that he could sit. Cherie stood in between his legs, glancing up at him.

"I love your place, it's really nice."

"It's not just my place, it's yours too." Whenever Cherie visited, he wanted her to feel at home.

"Thanks." Cherie smiled. Jeremiah leaned down placing a kiss on her lips.

"You want to go ahead and go to the store?" Cherie questioned. "We don't have any tissue if we have to pee."

"Yeah." Jeremiah chuckled.

A few minutes later they'd arrived at Walmart via Uber. Jeremiah's car wasn't getting here until tomorrow. So Uber and Lyft would be getting them around today.

"Which one you think we should get?" Jeremiah questioned, referring to an air mattress.

"One that's not going to pop." Jeremiah sucked his teeth.

"What about this one?" He questioned, pointing at a queen sized one.

"I think that one's fine." Jeremiah grabbed it and placed it in the basket. They then made their way over to the bedding. They got some black sheets and a cheap comforter, they just needed something for tonight.

After getting the bedding they got some house supplies and some groceries. An hour and a half later they were back at Jeremiah's house  putting up the things they'd bought.