Chapter 3

Omniscient

Cherie worked her way around her bedroom, making sure she had all of the supplies she needed to do Jeremiah's hair. It was Sunday evening, and she was doing his hair for the first time.

Her phone began ringing, causing her to stop what she was doing and answer it. "Hello." She answered.

"Hey, I'm outside your door." Jeremiah's smooth voice spoke through the speaker of her iPhone 14 Pro.

"Alright I'm coming." Cherie hung up the phone and made her way to the front door.

"Hey." Cherie spoke when she swung the door open.

"Wassup." Jeremiah stepped inside of the apartment.

"I washed and blow dried my hair earlier." Jeremiah informed Cherie.

"Thank God." Cherie locked the door of her apartment. "You can follow me."

Jeremiah watched Cherie's backside as she led them to her bedroom. She was wearing some black yoga pants she'd gotten from Target. They hugged her curves perfectly.

Jeremiah took a seat in Cherie's vanity chair that she'd place in front of the tv. Cherie stood behind him and ran her comb through his afro.

"Are you tender headed?" She questioned so she could know how to handle his hair.

"Nah, I grew up with a heavy-handed mama." Cherie chuckled.

"I can relate." She laughed, she used to hate getting her hair combed as a little girl.

"Your mom was heavy handed?" He questioned as Cherie began parting a section in the back of his head.

"Yes, I don't know who was stronger, her or my dad." She joked. Jeremiah chuckled.

"Is this your freshman year?" He questioned, starting a new conversation.

"Yeah, what about you?"

"I'm a senior."

"Mhm, what's your major?"

"Journalism."

"What do you plan on doing with that?"

"Well, I have a minor in sports media, so I want to work for ESPN or the NFL or something."

"So you want to be like Stephan A. Smith?"

"Not exactly like him, but his career yes." Cherie chuckled, understanding his clarification. Stephan A. Smith was a menace, he didn't care what he said out of his mouth.

"What's your major?" He questioned.

"Accounting."

"So, you're good at math." Jeremiah assumed.

"Every time I tell people that they ask that." She chuckled.

"I mean you have to be, that major and career requires a lot of it."

"True, but to answer your question, yes. Math has always been my favorite subject." Jeremiah nodded.

"Do you have a minor?"

"No, I'm double majoring in interior design."

"I can tell."

"How?"

"Your apartment is nice as hell for it to be a student apartment."

"Well thank you." She smiled.

In the hour of doing Jeremiah's hair, he and Cherie learned a lot about each other. She'd learned about his two little sisters and he'd even showed her a picture of the two beauties. She'd told him about her sister, showing him a family photo so he could see how much they looked alike. They'd also shared their love for fashion, which was the of the many things they'd found out they had in common.