Chapter 5

Omniscient

Cherie sat down at the dinner table with her family sharing a good home cooked meal prepared by her mother. She was home for the weekend visiting. She had only been away at school for a month and she'd already gotten home sick.

"How's school been?" Cherie's father questioned.

"It's been good."

"Have you met any boys yet?" Her mother questioned.

"Mom." Cherie chuckled.

"What? I just want to know."

"I've met a male friend, he's not my boyfriend or anything but we hang out sometimes. He's Kristen's boyfriend's roommate."

"Do you have a picture?" Cameron chuckled at her mom.

"Mom she said it's her friend why do you need to see a picture of him?" Cameron questioned her mother with an amused smirk on her face.

"I just want to see."

Cherie went to Jeremiah's Instagram page, that she was now following and clicked on a photo. She passed the phone to her mother.

"Oh he's cute." Her mother swiped through all of the photos from the post then gave Cherie her phone back.

"He is isn't he?" Cameron agreed, she'd said the same thing when she first saw a photo of him.

"Have you made anymore friends so far?" Cherie's mother questioned.

"Not really, I usually just hangout with Kristen, Trey, and Jeremiah."

"Well that's good that you have a  group of friends. I remember when your sister first went to college, she called us crying the first night." Cherie's mother laughed as she reminisced. Cherie and her father joined in on the laughter.

"I wanted to come home so bad and dad said no." Cameron laughed.

"You were all the way in Georgia, I was not driving back down there." Their dad spoke. Cameron had attended Clark University where she'd gotten her BS in early childhood education.

"Yeah, you made that very clear." Cameron chuckled.

Once they finished having dinner, Cherie left with Cameron. Tonight, she was spending the night with her sister. They were going to have a movie night, like they used to do all the time when they were smaller.

When they arrived at Cameron's luxury gated apartment complex, Cherie dropped her things off in the guest bedroom then headed back into the living room with Cameron. Cherie took a seat beside her on the couch.

"So what are we watching?" Cherie questioned, grabbing the remote.

"Do you want to watch 50 Shades of Gray? I've never finished it."

"You've never finished it?" Cherie questioned, shocked. The movie had been out for years, she'd watched all three of them.

"No, I always get bored." Cameron admitted.

"I don't see how that's possible but okay."

"Let me find out you're into that kinky shit." Cherie laughed.

"The most I would probably do is let someone blind fold me and maybe handcuff me."

"Oh God, my little sister is a freak." Cherie rolled her eyes.

"Well actually now that I think about it, I don't know about the whole handcuffing thing. But blindfolding yes."

"Oh wow."