Chapter 4

Omniscient

"Wanna go out to eat with me, Trey, and Jeremiah?" Cherie read the text from Kristen.

She bit her lip, contemplating on her response. She hadn't seen Jeremiah since she'd done his hair two weeks ago.

"Sure." Cherie texted back.

"Yay! We're going in about thirty minutes."

"Alright."

Cherie got up from her bed, going to look in her closet. She pulled out some boyfriend jeans and went into her dresser and grabbed a cropped plain white t shirt. She paired the outfit with some military black Jordan 4s. She put her red Nike Fanny pack across her body then texted Kristen.

"Text me when y'all are ready to go."

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"I'll come to your apartment, I'm at Trey's now."

"Alright."

About five minutes later there was a knock on Cherie's front door. She headed to the door, opening it, revealing Kristen.

"Hey, you look cute." Kristen ran her eyes over Cherie's outfit.

"Thanks, you do too." Kristen had on a simple graphic tee and jeans with some crocs. It was basic but cute.

"Thanks."

Cherie closed and locked her front door. Her and Kristen headed out to Trey's Toyota Camry. Kristen got in the front seat and Cherie got in the back with Jeremiah.

"Hey." Cherie spoke as she got in the car. Trey and Jeremiah both spoke back.

Once Cherie and Kristen had their seatbelts on, Trey sped off. The whole ride Cherie was scared for her life. Trey drove like a bat out of hell and was switching lanes on the highway, cutting people off. This would be her first- and last-time riding with him.

When they finally made it to Olive Garden they got out and headed inside. The hostess guided them to a booth, and they sat down. Kristen and Cherie sat on one side and Trey and Jeremiah sat on the other.

The waitress came and took their drink orders then went to get them. While she was gone everyone was quiet as they looked over their menus. Even though Cherie was looking over the menu she knew what she was going to get. She was getting the chicken scampi, she got it almost every time she came.

The waitress came back with the drinks shortly then came right back with bread sticks and a salad. After putting cheese on the salad for them she took their orders then went to go put them in the system.

"So, how's everyone's classes been going so far?" Kristen sparked up a conversation. It was now the beginning of September and they'd been in school for two weeks.

"It's okay." Cherie answered first.

"Have you made any friends?" Kristen questioned.

"No." Kristen frowned.

"Why not?"

"I barely go anywhere if it's not to class or to get food."

"Understandable, so how's everyone else's classes been going?"

"They've been good." Trey answered.

"Same." Jeremiah spoke. "How yours been?"

"They've been good so far." Jeremiah nodded, placing his attention on Cherie.