Walking and Talking

(I'm back bitches!)

~Howl's POV~

"What are you talking about Y/N? Just because you don't look like me doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. Everyone is beautiful, especially you, and everyone is different. They all have different looks, and they all have different beauty. You helped me realize that beauty is not one particular look." The statement was true, and from the very bottom of my heart. 

For whatever reason I didn't realize that Y/N had any issues with their bodily appearance before, even though I had noticed traits. The traits I had noticed were traits I had seen in myself, before meeting Y/N, when I thought beauty ran the world.

They tried to avoid looking in the mirror or seeing their reflection at all, constantly obsessing over how their hair was parted, if their clothes were neat, if their skin was clean, etc. I had seen it all before. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before. 

I thought about this over and over again as I got ready for my day. How could I help them? How can I help the love of my life feel better?  

 How could I help them? How can I help the love of my life feel better?  

~A few hours later, in the flower field~

Walking through the field was almost awkward. I wasn't sure how to start the conversation that was desperately in need of having. The elephant grew in a shrinking room. I wasn't entirely sure how that was possible, considering how we weren't in a room at all. (but who cares, metaphors are strange.) 

I gathered their hands into mine, and looked into their eyes.

"Y/N... what makes you think you aren't beautiful?" I asked. Maybe being blunt wasn't the best way to start this, but I wasn't one to dance around words, "I need to know, I want to help you."

"I... I'm not sure. I just don't feel like I fit in, I don't look normal. Can we sit down?"

"Of course, love." We sat down, and we simply admired the view for a moment, "I didn't know you felt this way about yourself. If you feel anything, anything at all, you can tell me. You know that, don't you?"

Y/N nodded, then looked at me. The tears in their eyes tugged at my heartstrings, and I couldn't help but want to hug them. They gave me a hug before I even had the time to move towards them. 

I returned the embrace. I felt their shaking body, and I felt the tension leave their shoulders and the sadness melting away from them. I brought them closer to me, and let them simply let go of all their feelings. 

When Y/N's sobs died down, we just sat there in silence for a time. A comfortable silence, knowing we both got out what we needed.

From then on, I was determined to give back what Y/N had given to me. Love and happiness.

(It's 10 pm and I have school tmr so good night babes :P)