Picnic Plans

~Your POV~

I fought with Calcifer for a while, but when I told him about my plans for Howl and I, he gladly agreed to help with my baking.

It was very early morning, still dark, so I had plenty of time to do what I needed. 3 hours later at around 7 in the morning, I had a peach cobbler, apple pie, and maraschino cherry cake ready before Howl even stirred from our bedsheets.

"Thanks a lot Calcifer, I really appreciate it," I said, smiling and packaging  each of my treats. I stowed them away in a picnic basket on the floor of the pantry. 

I took a quick rest on the couch, and awoke to Howl wrangling with Calcifer about what to make for breakfast.

"Hm? Oh, good morning Howl," I said, yawning.

"Good morning Y/N! I woke up to the most wonderful smell in the hearth, but Calcifer refused to tell me what it was. Anyway, what would you like for breakfast?" He smiled.

"Don't worry about the smell, okay? I have a surprise for later. Um.. I'm not sure what I want for breakfast. Something light probably."

"Oh, do we have lunch plans that I seem to have forgotten? I can just get us some fruit for breakfast if you'd like," Howl said.

"No, you aren't forgetting anything, but yes, just some fruit would be just fine."

~Lunchtime now bc its like 8 am and my cat assistant has returned, Howl's POV~

"Y/N, where are we going?"

They grabbed a picnic basket from out of the pantry, and placed sandwiches we prepared a moment ago in it.

"We're going for a picnic, of course!" They laughed, and I smiled seeing Y/N so happy.

They turned the dial to the garden entryway, and opened the door, "Come on!"

They took my hand and ran through the fields until we were at the edge of the water. They opened up the picnic basket and laid out a blanket and some plates and silverware. They sat down, and I followed their lead, sitting down as well.

"So, why are we here today?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, it just seemed like a fun idea to have a picnic today!" Y/N said, while pulling out several desserts for us and setting them on the blanket, "Now, let's eat," They said happily.

I smiled and enjoyed the food and conversations we had that afternoon. 

(I know i said this story was going to deal with more body image issues and we're getting there i promise but i just wanted to write some fluff today. also sorry for the long wait im back in school and it is definitely school)