Mirror Reflections

(I may have a sprained wrist but that wont stop me >:3 [taking 2 damage per second ough augh ouch oufh])

~Your POV~

The cool evening breeze felt good on my skin, and I could've stayed in the flower fields forever. I watched as the stars began poking through the sheet of night. I laid back in the grass to get a better view. 

Howl did the same, laying back in the grass and admired the stars. "They're beautiful, aren't they?" He said it as more of a statement than a question. 

"Yeah, they really are." I watched a shooting star skirt across the edge of the sky, "But it's getting late. We should head back home soon."

He stroked his thumb over the back of my hand, "You're right, let's head back, love." 

We stood up, walking back to the shed with the portal door, still holding hands along the way

We stood up, walking back to the shed with the portal door, still holding hands along the way. We quickly ended up back in the castle, and we were getting ready for bed. 

I braided my hair into a few braids, trying not to look too closely at my own face. I slouched a little lower and my mirror image did the same. The exact same person, with the exact same dirty skin, the same strangely shaped lips, and the same uneven shoulders, the same hair and eyes. 

I didn't want to look at it. 

Instead of dealing with the reflection, I quickly undid my braids and turned around to leave. I sighed deeply as I fell down limply onto the bed next to Howl. 

"Hm? What's wrong dear?" Howl looked at me with his big blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair. 

I scrunched myself inwards even more, "Nothing." 

"Oh, yes, because 'nothing'  is always making the love of my life feel bad about themselves," Howl teased, "Now tell me what's going on darling."

"Well, I suppose it's just... I feel like I could never be beautiful like you," I admitted, sighing again.

"What are you talking about Y/N? Just because you don't look like me doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. Everyone is beautiful, especially you, and everyone is different. They all have different looks, and they all have different beauty. You helped me realize that beauty is not one particular look." He took my face in his hands, forcing me to look into his eyes.

"And now I'm going to help you realize that you are beautiful because you're you. Please, if you feel like this again, then let me know, okay love?" He gave me a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded silently, wrapping my arms around Howl. He did the same, wrapping his arms around me. We fell asleep this way, with a calm mind and a lighter heart.

(ok that's enough writing for me until this wrist heals up properly! Should only be a week or two. Don't skateboard without proper equipment guys, safety is punk too!)