The Wizard's Market

~Your POV~

"Howl, I thought you said we were going to the market. Where are we headed?" He lead me in an unfamiliar direction that certainly wasn't any way to the marketplace.

"Don't worry my love, we're going to a... different kind of market," His lip quirked upwards into an introspective smile.

"...Different?" Unfamiliar places were not my favorite thing in the world.

"Yes, but I promise it will be enjoyable," He said, as if he could read my mind.

Actually, he probably could. He was a wizard, after all. I shrugged away the thought, and continue to follow him through the alleyways and backroads.

Soon, I was surrounded by people and items of all kinds. 

"What is this place?!" The colors and sounds and closely packed stalls filled my senses, but not in the way a regular market was overwhelming. It was a good kind of overwhelming, like when you are surrounded in a beautiful fantasy world full of places and things you've never seen before. Before I could suppress it, I felt a giddy grin form on my lips.

"Welcome, to the Wizard's Market! I knew you'd enjoy it darling." He took my hands and spun me in a circle in the alleyway, then pulling me back into his chest.

"Why are we here, Howl?"

"I needed to pick up some items for some spells and potions, of course. You can go look around if you'd like, I'll find you when I'm finished."

"Hmm.. No. I think I'll stay with you, if that's alright."

"Of course it is. Take my hand, and simply follow me love," Howl said, reaching out his hand.

I gratefully took it, not wanting to be alone in an unfamiliar place. Before I could even blink, Howl took me to a stall and began to haggle with the street vendors. I peered into the stall to see what they had in stock. 

I saw piles of colorful spices and powders, each labeled differently. Some were average things such as cinnamon and salt, or dried basil and mint. Others were more.. interesting. There was a shiny green powder labeled 'crushed jewel beetles' and a yellow one marked as 'raven's feathers'. I wasn't even sure how they managed to powder raven's feathers, much less how they ended up a yellow color. 

Howl picked out a few powders in separate small bags and moved on to the next stall.

Every stall was full of magical items I had never seen before. By the time we left, Howl was carrying an armful, and I couldn't even hold his hand anymore. I offered to take some for him, but he insisted that he took them himself. I tried my best not to giggle as he struggled, but it was quite hilarious to see him try to balance all the items without help. 

~A few minutes later, Howl's POV~

I sighed as I dropped all my things onto the kitchen table. I looked over at Y/N.

"So, what did you think love?"

"That was amazing!" They spun around and was bouncing with excitement, "You must take me again someday!"

"Alright then, you can come along with me every week if you'd like. I actually go quite often."

They laughed in excitement. I loved seeing them so happy. It was a rare sight, but a beautiful one, and I was determined to see it as often as I could.