I'm Not Staring!

Wukong found himself watching Master Dad, the name being insisted on by Lin, speak with the reserved Liu'er Mihou. The king didn't trust the ivory monkey. That's the only reason why I'm watching him. Maybe he's another demon in disguise wanting to eat Master. It's not just because he's super pretty or anything with all that marbled fur and those adorable ears. He crossed his arms as the shorter monkey giggled at something Master said to Sha Wujing.

"You're staring at him again." His sister's voice next to his ear made him jump. The girl was standing next to him with a slight smirk on her face.

"I was not!" Wukong denied, putting on a noble scowl. He wasn't pouting. Kings, especially super cool Awakened ones, don't pout. Stick vibrated in disagreement. "Don't take her side, Stick!" Stick vibrated again, causing Wukong's cheeks to burn. "You can't just say that, Stick!"

"You can think he's pretty." Lin whispered, leaning against her brother. "He keeps looking at you too."

Wukong perked up. "He is?" He caught himself turning to look at Liu'er Mihou before he stopped with a scowl. "Haha. Not funny." The king crossed his arms, looking away from the girl with a pout.

"Just talk to him, dummy." His sister scolded, poking him in the side. At his sulking silence, she sighed. "Look. You always wanted to meet someone like you right? This is your chance! Maybe you two will get along really well."

Wukong frowned, eyes dropping down to the ground. "This will probably totally surprise you, but I'm not really good at the whole friends thing." His foot tapped the ground anxiously. I don't want to mess up. Stick hummed, prompting a glare from the ginger monkey. "You were different, Stick and you know it."

"I am shocked." Lin dryly replied, rolling her eyes. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Just go ask him like his favorite color or something. Show him you're interesting in learning about who he is."

"You make it sound so easy." Monkey grumbled, glancing at his sister.

Lin chuckled, shaking her head. "It's not, but I know you can do it. You're the Monkey King!" He gave her a weak smirk at her words.

Another soft laugh caught his attention. Liu'er Mihou was covering his mouth as he giggled at Sha Wujing making silly faces behind Zhu Bajie's back. His soft black and white fur almost seemed to glow in the sunlight. He really is so pretty. Wukong's face softened as he watched.