Sharing

"Hey! That was my blanket!" Lin glared at Wukong, pulling the blanket away from him. "You have fur! Why would you need a blanket?"

"Come on! It's almost winter! I get cold too!" The monkey protested, pulling it back. His tail flicked behind him as he growled at the girl, eyes flashing.

She yanked it back. "Just get your own blanket!" Lin snapped, tired and sore.

"This is the soft one!" Wukong protested, trying to pull it away from the girl. "I've been fighting and doing guard stuff! Come on, Lin!"

"Why don't," Tripitaka interrupted, smile strained as his gaze shifted between the two siblings. "You two just share?" He wasn't sure what he expected from the infamous Monkey King and the Girl Touched By Buddha, but it wasn't this.

"Fine." They both grumbled, crossing their arms. Sha Wujing chuckled from where he was keeping watch, falling silent at a stern look from Tripitaka.

"You can have this side and I'll take this side. Fine?" Wukong huffed, reluctantly scooting over to make space for Lin. The girl grumbled and sat next to him. Zhu Bajie and Ao Lie had passed out on the other side of the fire. Tripitaka sighed and settled down for the night, mentally praying that the two siblings didn't start another fight over the blanket.

Come morning, the monk was the first one awake. The mortal stretched with a quiet yawn. Tripitaka blearily cast his eyes over his disciples, freezing in place as he checked on Wukong and Lin. A gentle smile spread over his face as he watched the brother and sister duo cuddling under the blanket. Wukong was holding his sister like a small child would hold a toy, while the girl was taking advantage of his soft fur as a pillow. A faint trail of drool had dribbled over the king's shirt from the quietly snoring Lin. Suppressing a giggle, Tripitaka turned to Sha Wujing with a small smile. The water demon was still awake, happily watching over the camp. "When did that happen?" The monk whispered, nodding his head towards the siblings.

"Very early this morning, Master." Sha Wujing replied, holding up a piece of paper. "I tried to draw them. Not the best but I think they will like it."

Tripitaka scooted over and gave the drawing a look. The blue demon had done a more than decent job of capturing the image of the two siblings. "Well done, my student. I'm sure they will love it." Ao Lie started to shift, signaling that the other were soon to wake. "Why don't you give this to them after breakfast?"

Sha Wujing gave the human a shy smile. "I will. Thank you, Master."

If Monkey started crying when Sandy offered him the small drawing that's for Wukong and Wujing to know and everyone else to pretend like they didn't see. Lin later begged the water demon to make her a copy.