A Flower?

Wukong glanced down at his sister. "Lin, Pebble, sister whom I currently loath and adore, are you sure this is a good idea?" The Daisy he held in his hands almost seemed to stare at him with pity as he glared at it. Stick hummed, rolling next to the human girl.

"Yes, I'm sure." Lin replied, rolling her eyes. "Just give it to him, you big baby! Stop making goo goo eyes and get your man!" The girl pushed her brother towards the other monkey with a quiet giggle.

Liu'er glanced over at him with a shy smile as the king approached him. "Um-" Wukong awkwardly held out the Daisy. "Here."

"A flower?" Liu'er's pale cheeks slowly turned pink as he accepted the small flower from the ginger monkey. "For me?" The pale monkey brought the daisy to his nose with a smile, warm eyes going from the small plant to the king. "I like it."

"You do? I mean-You do?" Wukong asked clearing his throat. He sent the other a cocky smile. "I meant of course you do!" The ginger puffed his chest out in pride, preening in front of the six eared simian.

The pale monkey giggled, smiling at the king. "Should I give Lin my thanks for the flower?" He giggled harder at the king's offended sputtering. "I'm kidding. Thank you, your Majesty."

"Wukong!" The ginger monkey blurted out, cheeks burning. "You can call me Wukong. If you want." His tail gave a nervous little flick.

Staring at the older monkey with wide eyes, Liu'er hid his flattered smile behind the Daisy. "Only if you call me Mihou." His ears fluttered as their soft glow grew brighter.

Wukong fiddled with the edge of his armor, smiling shyly at the pale monkey. "Okay, M-Mihou." He ignored how his heart beat weirdly when he said the other simian's name.

In the distance, Lin and Bajie exchanged a subtle high five. "Good job with the flower." The pig demon whispered to the giddy girl.

"Thanks. I'm going to tease him about this for years. Look at how red they are." Lin snickered, grinning over at her brother and the other celestial primate. "They like each other so much."

"It's almost embarrassing to watch." Ao Lie snickered, freezing when Lin and Bajie turned to him with shocked looks. "What?"

"Since when can you talk?" Bajie stuttered, flailing his arms around.

Lin nodded in agreement. "I thought you couldn't talk while being a horse!" She shouted pointing at him.

Ao Lie gawked at them, still in his horse form. "It's been five years! You have had to have heard me talk before! I talk to Master while we walk sometimes!" He pouted, the expression looking wrong on a horse. "I know I don't talk a lot but I still do sometimes!"

"Not to us!" The two shouted, embarrassed.

Wukong and Mihou stared at the two as they started arguing with Ao Lie. "They didn't know he could talk?" Mihou chuckled, glancing over at an exasperated Wukong.

"Just when I thought Bajie couldn't get any dumber. Surprised Lin didn't know." The king mumbled, shaking his head. The two monkeys locked eyes and started to giggle.