Giggling

Lin leaned over to Wukong whispering something in his ear as she giggled. The monkey's eyes lit up and he started to chuckle, whispering something back.

Zhu Bajie chuckled to himself. "I would have never guessed that the infamous Monkey King had a human for a sister." The celestial swine dropped down next to the other pilgrims as he watched Lin and Wukong snicker to each other.

"It suits them." Sha Wujing quietly stated, smiling towards the two siblings. "Lin seems much happier now that Wukong is free. I wonder why she didn't tell us he was her brother."

"Perhaps it was a painful subject." Master Tripitaka murmured, a growing sense of fondness for the two siblings growing in his chest. "They had been separated for a very long time."

Zhu Bajie rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue. "They are going to get into all sorts of mischief." He sighed forlornly, shaking his head. "This is going to be a long journey."

"You aren't fooling anyone, Zhu Bajie." Sha Wujing teased, elbowing the pig. "They're growing on you."

"Yeah. Like a fungus." The swine snorted, shoving the water demon in return. The two started playfully wrestling.

Tripitaka shook his head as he patted the dragon horse's mane. "At least you're calm, Ao Lie." He leaned back against his reserved disciple's side, tired from a long day of travel. Ao Lie huffed a breath against the monk's head but said nothing. "I just hope those two stay out of trouble."

"Don't worry, Master." Ao Lie spoke softly. "Something tells me you'll still be our damsel in distress." The dragon chuckled at the frustrated groan from the young man.

"Please don't say that." Tripitaka mumbled, covering his face. "I would be ecstatic if I never got kidnapped again."

Sha Wujing amd Zhu Bajie paused in their playful fight, glancing over at the monk. "Sorry, Master. You're definitely going to get kidnapped or attacked again." Zhu Bajie stated, completely confident in his words. Sha Wujing reluctantly nodded in agreement.

"You've been kidnapped, Master?" Wukong asked, stroking over with Lin close on his heels. "Good thing I'm joining you then. No one can get you under my watch!" Lin gave her brother a doubtful look behind his back.

"Thank you, Sun Wukong." Tripitaka replied, amusement in his voice. "We are fortunate to have you." He smiled at the monkey.

The king puffed his chest out at the comment. "I know." Lin poked him in the side. "Hey! Uh. I mean thank you, Master." Wukong stuck his tongue out at his sister, who copied him. Both scowled, glaring at each other.

"Alright everyone, it's been a long day. We should get some rest." The monk quickly interjected before the two could start arguing.

"Yes, Master." Everyone chorused, arguments forgotten as they quickly prepared for bed. Brief scuffles over blankets and sleeping spots were quietly murmured as they all got themselves sorted out.

Tripitaka sighed, shaking his head fondly as he settled down between Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing. This is going to be an interesting journey.