Q&A!

Here are some of the questions you guys asked me! I took them from comments in the Dear Reader chapter, as well as in some other chapters throughout the book.

What was the inspiration?

This is such a weird story that I am going to struggle putting into words. I'm gonna try!

So, I like to come up with scenarios to focus on when trying to sleep. Sometimes it's my way of planning out things for my books. Other times, like this one, it leads me to new books. So, on vacay, I was struggling to sleep so I just thought, and ended up coming up with the entire car scene outside the arcade (you know the one...). Somehow, it snowballed into this insanely huge book!

Also, shocker, that went down in the summer of 2021. I've been sitting on this bad boy, struggling through writer's blocks and scheduling conflicts. Boy am I glad I finally decided to just start posting this book!

Why did Jason live (and not Annie)?

This also answers the question of why Eddie lived, too. It's because I wanted all the focus to be on Annie's death. If Eddie were to die as well, like in the show, I was worried readers would be focused on that. Characters would be, too. Annie needed to be the focus in this aspect.

Another reason that's for Jason alone is I wanted Max to be able to scream and yell at him, blame him for what he did, so he feels the guilt of what he's done in his rage. Of course, we don't see that in the book, but it was the goal.

There's another reason, and it kinda goes with the next question...

How did Eddie get proven innocent?

So we all probably scratched our heads at Eddie being at Annie's funeral and he wasn't being bombarded by police and angry mob. Weird right? Well, that's where Jason being alive comes in!

After witnessing what he did that night, that was a lot. But the most important thing is what he didn't see- Eddie. How could he have been controlling it if he wasn't there? So, he came out to whatever news outlet he could to tell them there still was a demon terrorizing Hawkins, but Eddie Munson was an unfortunate "pawn" of sorts. It came out that the Hellfire club was sort of forced to do this bidding, but then tried to stop it, and so yeah.

None of this is mentioned in the book, sure, but this is kind of how the logic happened in my head. A lot of background stuff happens that I don't mention, because it's not as fun when the author just tells you everything ;)

Okay... what's with the chapter titles?

Yeah... so I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan. I thought it would be super fun if I put her entire discography (yes, all the songs) into a Google Sheet and keep track of what songs I use for what chapters.

Now, I got worried halfway through people would think this was my way of trying to say Taylor Swift is a lesbian. I can assure you, I am not a gaylor (I can explain this if needed). She is straight and has been in several loving relationships with men. Not saying there's no possibility of her being queer, just means I'm not going to force her to be when she's come out and said it makes her uncomfortable.

I just thought this was a cute way for me to include my favorite artist in arguably one of my favorite projects!

Will there be an alternate ending?

This is very tough. When season 4 came out, and I realized where Annie's path was going, I had to decide what I wanted to do. Have her live? Kill her? Copy the show? It was hard at first to make this decision.

But I finally landed on one, and as you all know, it was to say goodbye to Annie. It hurts, but it felt like the most logical ending to me. Once I was landed on that ending, nothing was really swaying my mind.

So, my answer is no. Simply because I don't want to cheapen my actual ending. I did start writing one, and the unfinished blurb is somewhere, but I couldn't finish it because I kept thinking "this might as well have just been the ending." It almost made me upset if that makes sense?

This all is leading me to my decision. I'm so sorry to disappoint, but this is the ending that feels right to me, so then we can get season 5! I can't wait for that to come out!

-

Have any more questions that weren't answered here? Please comment them here and I'll get to answering them! I just wanted to get these guys out here. Also, please look to see if someone else has asked your question before commenting :)

Again, thank you all so much for reading this book. Me, Myself, and Her is probably going to remain my favorite project of all time, just because of how in love I fell with the characters and their stories. I have other projects that are up and that are in the works (including more Stranger Things!) so please feel free to check out any of them.

For now, I love you all.