Episode 13: Looking for a family

Harper is in the lab with Chase, the two are working on projects for Mr Devenport.

Mr Davenport walks in "hey guys" Mr Davenport says "hey Big D" Harper says, Mr Davenport looks at her

"you mean you gonna start calling me that too?" Mr Davenport says "yup sounds cool" Harper says.

"I don't know if we have that affinity yet Miss Krane" Mr Davenport says "honestly I don't care" Harper says.

"what are you guys doing?" Mr Davenport asks "no big deal just some routine checks" Chase says.

"by the way Harper if you want I can reserve that corner of the lab just for you" Mr Davenport says "really?" Harper smiles.

"yeah, you spend most of your day here and you'll be able to get closer to the rest of the team if you work here" Mr Davenport says.

"yeah that would be cool...we...we could be together.." Chase says, Harper frowns "can we!?" Harper says raising eyebrow.

Chase's eyes widen "No! I meant we were going to spend more time...together, all of us!" Chase says nervously he picks up some stuff and walks to the other side of the table, Harper shakes her head, she lightly bites her lip in the middle of a smile.

"What do you think Harper?" Mr Davenport asks "sure, I'm just going to need to bring some stuff over from my lab"Harper says.

"Do you have a lab?" Chase asks "Obviously where do you think i designed my weapons and studied your chips?" Harper says.

"Since you mentioned it, are you sure you're okay living alone in that house?" Mr Davenport says "yes, since my sisters left living alone has been heaven for me, I can do what I want, and if i want company I'll come over here" Harper says.

"Don't you think it's risky to live in a house without a responsible adult?" Mr Davenport "Do you know any responsible adults to live with me?" Harper says, Mr Davenport thinks "yeah, that's what I thought" Harper says.

"We can help you make the change" Chase says.

"by the wayI would love to see the study of the chips you did" Mr Davenport says "why?" Harper says "Cuz it's important" Mr Davenport "You can't accept the fact that I understand the Bionic chips better than you, right?" Harper says with a smug smile "Of course not..." Mr Davenport says.

"That's good, because I'm in the habit of not writing some things down on paper" Harper says "why not?" Chase asks "papers and files can be lost and easily stolen" Harper says.

"How are you going to remember everything?" Mr Davenport says "relax Mr Davenport everything is here" Harper says pointing to her head, she smiles and leaves.

......................................................................

The next day they go to Harper's lab.

"don't mind the mess, I haven't been in here for a while" Harper says turning on the light in the small and neat lab.

"did you do all this by yourself?" Leo ask "for the most part, the base of the lab was built by Krane but I've adapted it over the years" Harper says.

"it's really cool" Chase says "it looks like a place with a lot of pointless junk, It's cute though, it looks like a mini version of ours" Adam says.

"what do we have to pack?" Bree says "everything, not that much" Harper says, they start packing everything into boxes, and carrying to the car.

"hey Harper what is this?" Chase says seeing a project and a sheet of notebook with some sketches for a kind of a high tech boomerang "oh that's just a project based on na idea I had when I was younger, I tried to do it but gave up" Harper says.