Chapter 18

Melody looked at her father " Father , why do you have tentacles when mom has a tail ?"

Kai smiled softly at his daughter " that's because I wasn't born a merman Melody , I was born a Cecaelia "

Melody frowned  " whats that ?"

Kai chuckled " this " he gestured to himself then at the ice block of Morgana who was still sinking . Melody smiled seeing King Triton and hugged him " grandfather ..."

" what now ?" Melody asked nervously , she looked to her parents.  Kai shrugged " I suppose back to the palace "

Ariel immediately grabbed his hands " maybe not "

Kai raised his brow at his wife , Triton and Melody watched the two curiously.  Ariel squeezed Kai's hands " You've made to many sacrifices for my sake , you hated being a human but you accepted it for my sake . If you're okay with it , Im ready to return to the sea "

Kai was genuinely surprised by this , he looked at his daughter " Melody , what do you want to do ?"

Melody looked at her family and smiled " how about ..."

■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○□■●○

Several months later ...

Melody's laughed happily as she ran out the place , down the stairs and onto the balcony to look at the sea , king eric ordered for the walls to be torn down and now the view was splendid .  Ariel appeared beside her and smiled " Ready ?" , Melody nodded " ready !"

The two approached the water , as soon as their feet rouched the sea water something around each of their necks glowed . Melody's golden locket glowed gold aswell as a beautiful necklace with a gold tentacle glowed , the tentacle pendant was something Ariel specifically wanted , to honor her husband and to represent him . The two looked at once another and walked into the sea , as soon as they were half way submerged by the sea , the golden glow from the pendants surrounded then and turned them into mermaids . The two dived into the sea and swam to Atlantica where they were met with a some adorable young merfolk playing together.

Melody spotted the familiar black tentacles as Kai stood beside King Triton having what seemed to be a subtle argument over human-merfolk affairs . Melody immediately called out " Father , we are back !" She giggled as Kai welcomed her with open arms , Ariel smiled softly and looked at her father " another argument ?"

Kai shrugged " we can discuss this matter another time . Let's go " he called to Melody , Ariel frowned as Kai swam beside Melody out the throne room . She called out to them " wait ! Where are you going ?"

" I promised Melody that I'd teach her what I've learned from my mothers books "

" you're teaching Melody witchcraft ?" Ariel asked almost amused at the thought . Kai smirked " as the royal spellcaster of Atlantica , I feel its my duty to teach the next generation "

Melody laughed as she followed her father to his study , where a abundance of junior Cecaelia were studying Witchcraft . Kai had made a plea with King Triton a few months after moving back thaf his race , the Cecaelia are magnificent spellcasters and it would be a waste to have them all banished due to his family's mistakes . He had studied Ursula's magic tomes and became a very strong witch himself , alongside his training as Eric's former bodyguard .

Melody and Ariel could travel between land and sea whenever they pleased and helped the two worlds unite , Kai found a way to change his world and help his kind become better than what they were associated with .

                                    FIN

                                 (end)