Chapter 9

It's been more than a year since Ursula's death , Ariel had been sneaking out to meet up with Kai at a secret location . Ariel wanted to tell her father so badly but Kai pointed out that the King's views on Kai might be influenced by Ursula's history and might even deny their relationship due to this , Ariel understood Kai's point but was anxious to keep this a secret since her last secret ended up in a destroyed collection. 

As the sun rised,  Ariel flew out her bed  to get ready she sat infornt of the shared dressing table and brushed her hair in the mirror humming as she always did in the morning . Her sisters watched with amusement as that was the same tune she hummed before , they loved to see their little sister happy . Aquata swam up to her relaxing her hands on Ariels shoulders and smiled at her in the mirror " who is it this time , another human ?"

Ariel blushed "no , he isn't human " , the other sisters squealed excited to hear more , Arista swam beside Ariel and squealed louder as she moved Ariels hair from her neck "oh my gosh , a hickey !!"

The other sisters buzzed with even more excitement,  Adella swam up to Ariel with a necklace  " if daddy sees that he might have a heart attack , here wear this " Adell put the necklace on Ariel .  Aquata smirked " so what's his name ?" , Alana hugged her favorite pillow "is he handsome ?" , Attina fixing Ariels hair smiled warmly "does he make you happy ?"

Ariel blushed "his name is Kai , he is so handsome and he makes me very happy . " her smiled suddenly dropped as her sisters all looked at her with concern , Alana frowned " what's wrong ?" . Ariel was on the verge of tears "he isn't human but he isn't a merman either ...he is a Cecaelia ! if daddy finds out he will be mad and even stop us from seeing one another " . The sisters looked at one another as though they all had the exact same thoughts , Adella hugged her sister Ariel tightly "We won't tell daddy anything , not a word "

Ariel smiled gratefully to her sisters , they were more invested in her relationship then she was . The sisters decided to treat Ariel and give her a full spa treatment to help her relax and feel confident,  they ushered her out the palace to meet up with her new found love .

Kai waited at their usual secret spot as he twirled a unique looking flower that grew on the reef , it wasn't defined as beautiful but interesting.  His mind dwelled on the meaning behind the flower , was he also seen this way by merfolk? He wanted to be with Ariel and make her happy , he knew she wanted to have an open relationship but he was afraid of her father . He wondered what Ariel thought of their future and if she wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with her .

He looked up and spotted Ariel,  his eyes widened as Ariel looked radiant and her joy was evident in her eyes . She swam up to him and giggled , he blinked abit "wow ...did you dress up ?"

Ariel tucked her hair behind her ear "I did ...do you like it ?" , he smiled and pulled her onto his lap with a smile " I love it "  Ariel giggled and locked her lips onto his , he wasted no time in returning her kiss . His arms wrapped around her waist tightly as their kiss intensified,  Kai quickly broke the kiss worrying about the consequences of going further .

Cecaelia and merfolk were different in many ways including intimacy and he had concerns about Ariel's thoughts on conception , Ariel frowned at him " what's wrong ?"

He sighed " Ariel I have to ask , are you happy with our relationship ? Because of what I am , we can't do as many things as other couples could "

Ariel pieced together what Kai was trying to say , she blushed " I do want to do more ..."

Kai suddenly had a thought " what if I--"

"What if you  what ?!"

Both Kai and Ariel jumped apart  in fright as King Tridon swam up to them , Kai's heart raced from the glare he received from the King . Ariel frowned " Daddy ? How did you find out ?"

King Triton looked to his daughter " one of my guards over heard your conversation with your sisters and followed you . He saw you and him together and came to find me , after the dangers of Ursula , how could you possibly think that this was okay !?"