Chapter 6

Ursula slammed her hands onto the sides of her cauldron " No! Kai !what are you doing boy!?" She growled watching Kai assist Ariel to the ship where she would try to kiss Eric , Eric indeed still harbored feelings for Ariel regardless of his affections to his future bride and so the kiss would still work . Ursula swam out her hideout " if she doesn't make it in time , I should be there to collect my prize ...but if she does make it in time I have to stop it ! " Ursula swam towards the surface .

Skudel arrived at the ship with various types of sea and air animals , all of which attacked the guests and bride without causing them harm . The attacks were only to scare and desrupt the wedding ceremony , Eric was the only one not targeted by the animals and tried his best to defend Drusilla but they were separated during the chaos .

Ariel and Kai reached the ship where they both climbed up onto the ship , Ariel climbed over the side railings and helped Kai over. Ariel glanced around seeing the chaos unfold on the deck , as Kai landed on his feet he looked at Ariel " Go , get you kiss . Time is running out "

Ariel nodded and kissed him on the cheek as a gesture of thanks before rushing off to find Eric . Kai stood in bewilderment as he held his cheek that Ariel kissed , his face felt warm as he blushed at the gesture .

He looked around and saw Drusilla being nipped at by a few birds , Kai frowned and quickly ran over to help Drusilla . Ariel found Eric who was trying to help his guests , he saw Ariel and quickly ran up to her " Ariel ! Are you okay ? Where's Dru and Kai ?"

Ariel motioned to the other side of the ship to indicate that they were okay , she then grabbed his hand and tried her best to convey this message ' I need your help , please kiss me like you love me '

Eric was visibly confused but he couldn't brush off the feeling that Ariel was desperate for his help . Eric gently pulled her close " if this helps you then okay "

As he leaned in to kiss her , Ariel suddenly gasped as she fell down onto the floor . Eric in shock stepped back to see that Ariel's tail had returned , Eric's eyes widened as he looked at Ariel for answers . Kai noticed that Ariel lost her opportunity, he knew he had to do what he could to help her . He grabbed his mother's necklace and threw it down letting it shatter , from the broken pieces a golden light emerged with a beautiful voice singing a melody . It slowly made its way to Ariel and entered her throat , she suddenly sang the last notes of the melody. Ariel held her throat with a smile and looked at Kai , she frowned slightly . Ariel didn't understand why Kai had Ursula's necklace that took her voice from her .

Eric , now free of the hypnosis magic , blinked a few times and looked down at Ariel . Ariel smiled " Eric ..." Eric was visibly surprised " your voice ...it's you ..."

Suddenly Ursula burst from the waters and landed on deck , the guests ran in all sorts of directions to stay out her way . Ursula crawled to Ariel and grabbed her " You are to late !" She dragged Ariel to the edge of the ship and reached one tentacle out to grab Drusilla, she held both of them close as she smirked at Eric "So Long Loverboy !"

She plunged into the ocean with the two , Drusilla suddenly turned back into her mermaid form aswell , Ariel looked at her in shock " you...were a mermaid too?"

Drusilla hung her head " ...yes.." Urusla pulled them apart " yes yes ...she is a mermaid too . She sabotaged your love , along with my son " Ariel looked up at Ursula confused " your son ?" . Ursula smirked " you didn't notice ? Strange he has my beautiful white hair . My son , Kai "

Ariel's stomach sank at those words , Kai was the one who interfered the most with her dream . She felt betrayed and heart broken by this new information , Ursula dragged the two to her hideout only to be stopped by King Triton " Ursula Stop!"

Ursula chuckled " you can't do anything Triton this contract is binding !" King Triton tried to destroy the contract with his Triden but it merely brushed off the contract , Ursula bit her lip in anticipation " I must say , King Triton's youngest daughter is quite a price....I don't think anything would be better...well" she smirked at Triton .

Eric rushed over to the side of his ship " Drusilla !Ariel !" Kai suddenly ran up to him and turned him around " Eric , where is your boats ?!"

Eric blinked " who are you ?" . Kai groaned remembering that all of Ursula's magic on Eric had disappeared. "It doesn't matter , we have to save them " Eric and Kai organized the row boat and climbed into it , they worked together to row the boat in the direction that Ursula jumped into .