Late Night Sweets

Maya and Zatz have been keeping a closer eye on the mortal couple for more visions. They needed proof of what was happening before they told someone, more specifically, Candle Maker. As of yet, nothing seemed to be happening, still they kept watching and waiting.

Everyone watched as Maria's child grew as she was now six months along. Manolo and Joaquin were helping her out in whatever way they could, tending to whatever she needed and doing some of the work she couldn't do. 

Waiting around for another vision to happen didn't seem at all efficient after a while, so Maya and Zatz decided to take matters into their own hands. At first, they didn't know how they'd get proof of the visions. But when it came to what was going on in the mind of mortals, they knew exactly who to go to. And they'd rather not go to this person. 

Maya and Zatz approached the home of Tezcatlipoca tentatively. They were never close with Tezcatlipoca, as being the god of chaos gave him a reputation. He has a history of doing both good and bad to both mortals and deities, so they never knew when he could be trustworthy. They had left the twins with La Muerte and Chaska while they visited the god of chaos and hoped he was in a helping mood.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Maya whispered. 

"No, but do you know anyone else who can see the minds of mortals?" Zatz replied. 

"Ugh, fine." 

They stepped over thresh-hold, taking in their surroundings. The temple looked eery in the darkness, the only source of light being a single candle against the wall. The feeling of being watched told them he was home.

"Uh... Tezcatlipoca?" Maya called out, "We need to ask you something." 

They turned their heads to the sound of movement only to be met with more darkness.

When they turned back around, they were met with the god of chaos right in front of them, effectively scaring them, "Boo!" 

Tezcatlipoca laughed as Zatz and Maya jumped as he lit up the rest of the temple. Maya rolled her eyes and was about to leave until Zatz grabbed her shoulder. 

"Ahh, hello, Maya and Zatz." Tezcatlipoca said, "How're the kids? Speaking of which, where are the little ankle biters?" 

"They're fine." Zatz said, "And they're not here. Look, we need a favor from you." 

"Wow. You know, I am hurt that these days people only ever visit when they need something. Why not stop by for breakfast? But, because you're my friends, I'll help you. What do you need?"

"We need your mirror." Maya said. 

"Ooh." Tezcatlipoca had a smirk on his face as he began to slowly circle Zatz and Maya, "You want to use one of my mirrors. Who are you spying on?"

"It's none of your business."

"Oh, yes it is. It's not like you're asking for a regular mirror, you're asking for my mirror. That means you want to look into someone's mind, meaning that they're important, they mean something to you."

He got in between Maya and Zatz and put his arms around their shoulders, "I need to know what kind of business I'm dealing with. Is this a revenge thing? Blackmail? What secrets are being revealed?"

"We just need to get proof of something going on." Zatz said, "That's all we can say."

When Zatz and Maya found out about their reincarnations, they were mad it was kept a secret from them, but they understood that it had to be secret from the other gods. Them being reincarnated was denied centuries ago. They did nothing wrong, but they still didn't want trouble from the higher-ups.