Discovery

The air was cool with a gentle breeze, which grew stronger as the goddess of the sun and the god of the moon flew through the town.

It wasn't unusual for Maya and Zatz to be in the mortal realm during this time. After all, they had to raise the sun and set the moon. But tonight was different. They had taken some time to go through the town they saw almost every day to search for something. Or, more accurately, someone.

Two people, in fact.

The lovers had been flying for a few minutes before reaching the house they had been told to go to, the perks of being in a small town, they supposed.

"Is this the place?" Zatz asked, looking at the house before them.

Maya examined the house with her arms crossed, "This is where Candle Maker said to go."

Zatz was about to start flying again when Maya groaned in frustration, "I still can't believe no one told us about this!"

Zatz took her hand in his, "I know, mi amor. But, hey, at least we know now, right?"

"I guess." Maya took a deep breath and smiled, "Come on. We can't keep the sun and moon waiting for too long."

They both levitated around the house, looking through the windows for the couple they were looking for.

It wasn't until Zatz found an open window to a bedroom, "Maya! Over here!"

Maya made her way over to the window where Zatz was and looked at what he was seeing.

The room was dark, except for the moonlight. In the darkness, they could faintly see the couple in question in bed in the middle of the room.

Maya and Zatz looked at each other before going inside towards the sleeping couple.

Manolo Sanchez and Maria Posada. Or, well, Sanchez, now.

The newlyweds were curled up together under the covers, clinging to each other as though they never wanted to let the other go.

Zatz and Maya slowly made their way to them and sat on opposite sides of the couple on the bed.

"So..." Maya said, a chuckle escaping her lips, "They're our other halves."

"Right under our noses the whole time." Zatz replied.

The two gods were familiar with the mortal pair in front of them. In fact, they were supportive of their love, but they didn't pay too much attention to them.

Yet they felt drawn to the mortals for some reason.

Now they understood why.

"You know, it's funny when you think about it." Zatz said, "They loved each other in one life..."

"...Only to find each other again in another." Maya finished with a smile, "What are the odds?"

"That's how much I love you, Maya. It moves through lifetimes to be with you."

Maya blushed at the words of her husband. He always knew what to say to make her heart melt.

"They're good together, no?"

"Of course they are." Maya said, "It's us." Her comment made Zatz chuckle.

Maya's eyes drifted back to the open window as an idea crept up on her.

She got up from the bed and made her way to the window.

Zatz has been with his wife long enough to know from the way she walked that she was up to something, "What are you doing?"