Unexpected News

Three years have passed since Chakal's defeat and the Day of the Dead was just a few days away.

The three amigos couldn't have been happier. Joaquin has moved on from his romantic feelings for Maria. It wasn't easy, but he managed and is more than happy seeing his two friends in love.

He knows he'll find love like that one day.

Neither Manolo nor Maria had any more migraines since then, and have almost forgotten about them.

The three have become closer than ever, especially since they live under the same roof, which they've all gotten used to after a while.

Manolo and Maria have found themselves loving the story Rosa had given them. They've read and reread the story a number of times now.

There was just something so intriguing about it they couldn't explain.

One morning, they had been out on the town. Manolo was playing with the mariachi brothers as Joaquin stood with the small crowd watching their performance. Maria sat by the fountain reading "The Sun And The Moon" as she listened to her husband's performance.

Long ago, during the age of the gods, were four ancient kingdoms.

Luna Island, the Jungle Lands, the Golden Mountains, and Teca Kingdom.

In the Teca Kingdom, lived a mighty eagle warrior princess with her jaguar brothers.

However, the eagle wished and longed to go on great adventures, to be more than a princess.

One day, on her 15th birthday celebration, the mysterious Prince of Bats appeared. He told the Teca Kingdom that their princess was a demigod, of the goddess of death herself, and was to be sacrificed by the god of war, which would grant him immeasurable power.

After he disappeared, none of the kingdoms were willing to help, in fear of the god of war.

However, the Teca Kingdom had a prophecy that three jaguar warriors and one great eagle warrior would destroy the divine gate that linked the god and mortal realms.

The Teca Kingdom sent a great army, along with the little eagle's jaguar Brothers and father.

One night after the army left, the little eagle set out to see the army's return, only to find her father weakened by the battle, and the Prince of Bats, there to return her fallen brother's weapons.

The kingdom mourned the fallen army that night, especially the little eagle for the loss of her brothers.

That night, from beyond the grave, the jaguar brothers guided the little eagle to the true prophecy, that a little eagle, a rooster wizard, a skull archer and a puma warrior would be the ones to destroy the divine gate.

In her mother's armor and on her father's jaguar, the little eagle set out to find the warriors of the true prophecy.

But her goal was to destroy the god of war himself.

"Isn't that like the millionth time you read that story?" Joaquin asked as he walked toward where Maria sat.

Maria closed the book as she stood up, "It's a good story. And, I don't know, it feels like I'm... connected to it, you know?"

"Yeah, we all relate to characters, you have a point there."

"No, no, I mean... more than that. I don't know how to explain it."

"Well, when you put it that way, can't say I relate."

"Think of it as reading a mirror. Should be easier for you that way." Maria laughed.