Night Vision

The sun was practically gone from the sky as the sky grew darker and darker. 

Maya had returned to the realm of gods not too long ago as she was done setting the sun, but Zatz was still in the mortal realm raising the moon.

"Papa, can I lift the moon?" Dusk asked, holding on to his father's back.

"Maybe one day when your powers are strong enough." Zatz chuckled.

"What are our powers?" Dawn asked from Zatz's leg.

"I don't know. But don't worry, you'll find out in time."

As he talked to his children, Zatz's eye caught a familiar trio walking down the street with a pig.

Manolo, Maria and Joaquin were walking home with Chuy from the general's home to tell him about the news they'd gotten that morning. 

"I don't think I've seen your dad so happy about anything before." Joaquin said, "Not even for your wedding, which is really sad."

"He thinks this is his chance for a son." Maria said, rolling her eyes, "Boys run on his side of the family according to him."

"Well, what are you hoping for?"

"Hm, I don't know. I'd be happy with either one."

"Oh, come on, you know you're hoping for one."

"Well, I'm kinda hoping for a girl." Manolo said, "But I'd be alright with a boy, too."

"As long as I'm the uncle." Joaquin said.

Manolo's chuckle lasted for a moment before he stopped in his tracks. He felt a dull pain around his eyes before it quickly became sharp.

He groaned in pain and doubled over. 

"Manny!" Joaquin called out.

Manolo heard the sinister voice of a girl he didn't know saying, "But of course, mi príncipe."

He saw a dark-haired girl in purple, another purple creature, and a skeletal animal with fire in the sockets. 

The pain left as quickly as it came. When he came to, he was on his knees in the street. It wasn't until he felt Chuy lick his face when he looked up.

"Manolo, are you ok?" Maria asked.

Joaquin and Maria helped Manolo off the ground as he said, "I... I think I... I saw..."

"What did you see?" Maria asked.

"I don't know. There was this girl in purple, this... purple creature and a... skeleton animal with fire eyes. And I heard a voice I never heard before."

"Isn't that what you said happened with your migraine, Maria?" Joaquin asked.

"Yeah..." Maria's eyes grew wide, "You've been having them, too?"

"I guess so."

Chuy bleated in confusion as they started walking back home. 

"Ok, I don't know if I should be feeling worried or a little left out." Joaquin said, making Maria smack his arm. 

"We have to find out what's going on." 

Zatz watched the whole thing with interest. What his mortal half described sounded like Acat, his father and Colmillo. 

"Who are they, papa?" Dawn asked, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"You'll know when you're older." He smiled, "He's someone very special." 

Were they really remembering their past lives? What did this mean?