chapter fourteen: his bed

After they arrived at the hotel in Vail last night, Natalia never left her room. She fell asleep fairly quickly and she surprisingly slept very well.

But when she woke up, she was damn cold. Tired, she padded to her bag and pulled out a sweater that Mr. Peña had given her yesterday.

She put it on and immediately went back to bed where she snuggled into the thick blanket. But she couldn't fall asleep, it was way too cold.

And only a few seconds later she realized why. She forgot to close the window last night.

"Fuck" she said with a groan and got up again to close the window. But it didn't warm up any faster and the room was still freezing cold.

She briefly considered taking a hot bath as there was a huge luxurious bathtub, but she didn't want to undress. So, annoyed, she lay back on her back, closed her eyes and decided to just wait until it got a little warmer.

But a knock on the door thwarted her plan.

"Yes?" she asked, noticing that her voice was a bit hoarse.

"Natalia? Are you okay? You didn't have breakfast" she heard Mr. Peña's voice.

"What time is it?" she asked tiredly and put the pillow over her head, because it felt like someone was hammering against it.

"Almost 11" he replied and Natalia groaned softly.

"Are you alright? You don't sound so good. Open the door please" he asked her concerned.

With a sigh she got up, wrapped the blanket around her and walked over the door.

"I'm okay, just a bit cold" she said after she opened the door.

"It's freezing in here. What did you do?" he asked when he saw her red nose.

"I fell asleep with the window open," she replied with a weak chuckle.

"Why would you do that? We're in a ski resort in the middle of winter"

"I know. I obviously didn't do it on purpose" she said with a groan.

Javier sighed, "You can't stay in this room while it's so cold, come with me."

"No, it's okay. It's about to get warmer don't worry"

"Natalia, you're sick. You can't stay here. It's probably not good for the baby either."

She looked at him for a few seconds, "Yeah you're probably right. I'm sorry. But I have to change before we go downstairs" she replied and Javier noticed that she was still a bit tired.

"You don't have to go downstairs yet. Are you still tired? You can sleep in my room"

Natalia immediately blushed, "I— uh, I don't know"

"I have to work anyway to prepare for the opening tomorrow. So you're welcome to sleep in my room, okay?"

"Thank you, Sir" she replied gratefully, "I mean Javier. Thank you, Javier" she then corrected herself and he had to grin slightly because of the cute way she pronounced his name with her accent.

"It's okay, just follow me" he told her.

Natalia put the covers back on the bed, closed the door behind her and followed him to his room.

She noticed some of the employees staring at her curiously, but it didn't surprise her. After all, he was the boss, well dressed in a suit, and she basically followed him in her pajamas.

And when he opened the door for her, she couldn't stop being amazed. It was a huge beautiful room with a large fireplace in the middle. There was no fire burning, but it was still quite warm in the room.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll be back in the evening. If you're hungry, just call room service okay? You should eat something, maybe some soup. And do you need meds?"

"No I'm okay, thank you so much. I just wanna sleep"

"Okay, rest a little, yeah?"

Natalia nodded and watched him leave the room. And when she was alone, she immediately went to bed. And the bed was probably the most comfortable bed she had ever laid in. She snuggled up in the blanket and closed her eyes with a smile on her lips.

The whole bed smelled like Javier and somehow it calmed her down.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Javier couldn't really concentrate on the preparations, he was too worried about Natalia. It was now 3 in the afternoon and he still hadn't heard from her. So he decided to check on her.

"Please excuse me for a moment," he said to the others.

He went up to his room and when he entered, he saw Natalia no longer in bed. Javier closed the door quietly behind him and looked around worriedly, but she was nowhere to be found. And when he heard noises from the bathroom, he breathed out in relief.

The bathroom door opened just a few seconds later and Natalia came out freshly showered. The bathtub just looked too comfortable.

She assumed she would be alone, so she walked out in just her underwear and stopped abruptly when she saw Javier in the middle of the room.

"Shit, I'm sorry," he said and couldn't help but look at her. She was beautiful and looked exactly as he remembered her. Her belly had actually grown a bit, but that only made her more attractive to him since he knew it was his baby.

"Javier, don't scare me like that," she said startled and quickly put her sweater on.

"I'm sorry, I was worried," he explained quickly. He didn't want her to think he watched her taking a shower or something like that.

"I was sleeping and taking a bath, what could have happened to me?"

He ignored her question, "Have you eaten yet?" he asked her instead.

"No, but actually I'm a bit hungry," she replied while laying back in bed.

"What would you like to eat? I'll get it for you"

"Well, uh. What's available is in the restaurant?"

"Just tell me what you want, I'll get it for you."

"Really?" she asked back and he nodded.

"Well I'm kinda in the mood for grilled cheese and s'mores"

"I'll get it for you. Just stay in bed and rest, okay?" he said and she nodded gratefully.

He left the room and Natalia tried to stay awake, but his bed was just too comfortable and with the fact that it smelled like him, she fell asleep even faster.

The next time Javier entered the room, he immediately smiled. Natalia was sleeping in the middle of his big bed. He quietly walked over to her and then carefully placed the plate on the bed next to her.

"Natalia, you have to wake up," he said quietly and placed his hand gently on her shoulder, which was covered by the blanket.

She just mumbled something but didn't move. "I brought you food" he said and Natalia slowly opened her eyes.

"S'mores?" she asked tiredly.

"Yeah. And grilled cheese" he replied with a small chuckle.

He helped her sit up and slowly sat down next to her after she leaned back, "Are you okay? Can you eat on your own?" he then asked worriedly.

She just nodded and turned to look at him more closely. "Thank you," she added, feeling herself blush slightly as she realized how close she was to him.

"You're welcome" he replied and his eyes fell on her lips.

She stared nervously at his lips for a few seconds, but then turned away. She shouldn't kiss him. They're having a child together, but that doesn't mean she has to fall for him, right?

She quickly picked up the plate and placed it on her lap. She doesn't want to give in so easily, she wants him to beg for forgiveness.