chapter twelve: a surprise

"Pack your things and leave" Javier said angrily.

"What?" Steph asked back confused, and a bit shocked.

"You heard me. You don't work here anymore. And now leave my office" he told her annoyed and took a sip of his whiskey.

He had sent Mrs. Jackson to Steph to kick her out some hours ago, but apparently she didn't want to accept it because now she was standing in his office, crying.

"I'm one of the best here. You can't kick me out like that"

"I can. It's my damn hotel. And you also hit a colleague, such behavior is not accepted here."

"You know she also pushed me. So she has to leave too, right?"

"No" he said calmly und took another sip of his whiskey.

"But Mrs. Jackson said she stole from you. Then why is she allowed to stay?" Steph asked sobbing.

"She didn't steal anything. And you know what? On your way out, tell Mrs. Jackson that she'll be kicked out too."

"No, please Mr. Peña. I don't wanna loose this job"

"You should have thought about that earlier. Now fucking go or I'll call the police, okay?"

Offended, Steph picked up her bag and turned to the open bedroom door, where Natalia was cleaning the floor. "This is your fault, you little bitch" she snapped.

Natalia just looked at her with a smirk.

Without saying another word, Steph left the room and Javier sighed in relief as the door slammed shut.

"Fucking finally" he murmured and emptied his glass.

Natalia curiously left the bedroom and stood in front of his desk.

"What?" he asked as she looked at him without saying anything.

"Why did you do that?"

He stared at her as he poured more whiskey into his glass. "She slapped a pregnant colleague"

"She doesn't know that I'm pregnant"

"Still"

Natalia nodded, "And Mrs. Jackson?"

"She accused you of stealing. And she gave you that stupid name tag with a false name on it"

She looked at him for a moment, "Thank you" she then mumbled and wanted to go to the bedroom again.

"No, stay" he told her.

"I'm not done yet, Sir"

"I don't care, sit down" he said and pulled the chair from the other side of the table next to his.

"Okay" Natalie replied and sat down next to him.

"I know you probably shouldn't work too hard, but I want you to come to Colorado with me"

"What's in Colorado?" she asked back confused.

"We're opening another hotel. In Vail. And I want you to come with me for the opening" he told her.

He wanted to take her with him because he didn't want to leave without her. Javier rarely slept in the hotel, as his house is not far away. But since Natalia has been in his office every day, he was staying here almost every night. He wanted to see her first thing in the morning.

Javier himself noticed that he felt more and more attracted to Natalia. But she was rather unsure, somehow she liked him, but somehow she was disappointed or even a bit disgusted by him. Knowing that he slept with many of his maids. And the way he treated her.