chapter thirteen: white roses

Natalia will tell him. She promised Connie.

But when they entered the hotel and she saw how stressed Mr. Peña was, she decided to wait a little longer. At least until after the opening party in Vail.

"Finally, you're back. Everything okay at the doctor?" Mr. Peña asked after Natalia entered the lobby and he pulled her aside to talk to her alone.

"Yes Sir"

"Okay, good" he replied with a nod.

Natalia found everyone in the lobby staring at them and nervously covered her stomach with her jacket.

"I guess Connie already told you?" he then asked.

"Yes, you uhm, you were waiting for me?"

He nodded and put a bag with clothes in her hand.

"It's going to be cold there. I hope it'll fit you"

She stared at the bag in surprise. Inside were two thick sweaters and a winter jacket. Did he buy that for her?

"Thank you" she told him overwhelmed, "But you didn't have to wait for me" she added.

Natalia obviously thought it was very nice of him, but she still didn't want to spend any more time with him than necessary.

She didn't want to go to Vail with him. She actually didn't want to see him anymore at all, but that didn't work out so well since she's having his baby and he's her boss.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Natalia knew that Mr. Peña has a lot of money, after all he owns several hotels in the country. But when she boarded his private jet, she was a bit flabbergasted.

"Isn't that a little exaggerated, Sir? I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be rude but we could have just taken the train. Or a regular plane" she asked and Connie and Steve started to grin.

Natalia sat across from Mr. Peña and stared out the window while Connie and Steve sat on the other side next to them.

"Maybe, but I want to rest. And in here it's quiet"

She just nodded and watched the landscape when the plane took off. A few minutes later she still looked out the window while Connie and Steve both fell asleep.

And when she turned back to the others, she saw that only Mr. Peña was awake. He had a newspaper in his hand and stared at in annoyance.

"How long is the flight?" she asked him quietly, since she didn't want to wake up Connie and Steve.

"Two to three hours" he replied without looking up from the his newspaper.

Half an hour later, when he closed his newspaper again and put it on the table between him and Natalia, he noticed that she had closed her eyes too.

Her head was leaning against the window and her mouth was slightly open. With a small smile he watched her for a few seconds and noticed how her hand lay on her stomach.

He leaned his head against the seat and stared at the ceiling of the plane. Javier sighed softly and ran a hand through his hair.

Natalia changed his whole life. He had never met anyone like her. And then she showed him that his ex-fiancée was wrong and that he could have children on his own.