Chapter 1

Echo ate the last bit of her sandwich and looked up at the data. She brushed the crumbs off the mobile suite's digits then returned to her and her guardian's orders. She moved her fingers over the console and began altering the last fragment of data. Echo shifted the data image of Optimus Prime to the data image of Ultra Magnus. She watched as the pixels shifted around and formed. She had yet to meet Ultra Magnus. Her guardian had informed her that Ultra Magnus is the Prime's second in command. She heard the sounds of heavy footsteps and turned to see her guardian. Orders: Accomplished Soundwave said using his sonar-sounding ring. Echo slid her visor down and pulled the panel back on the mobile suite's arm revealing a kepad. Unlike normal keyboards, this one had Cybertronian letters that would appear on her visor's screen when hit. Task completed Echo typed. Soundwave nodded and held his servo out. Echo jumped down onto his palm. Soundwave relocated her onto his shoulder. Megatron summons us Soundwave said. Status report? Echo typed. Soundwave nodded.

∆∆∆

"It seems we have successfully achieved control of Orion's spark. Now to put his mind to work." Megatron said as Soundwave walked up behind him. Echo tilted her helm as a loud clap of thunder sounded. He turned to face them. "Have you sanitized the data core?" Megatron said. Echo and Soundwave nodded. "Excellent. Our new archivist will require unlimited access to our files. It would be counterproductive if he stumbled upon any sensitive information." Megatron said. Understood, Lord Megatron Echo typed. Megatron hummed. "Soundwave, make Echo more useful and have her work with Orion. Let's see if she can learn to use his decoding skills as quickly as she learned our language." Megatron said. Soundwave glanced at the girl on his shoulder and nodded.

What will I be working on? Echo typed as Soundwave began to leave the room. Decoding Iacon files and saving progress Soundwave said. Echo clasped her hands together in excitement. She loved learning new things, especially complex things. Back at her old home she hadn't been taught anything, not even to read or write the human language. That fact didn't bother her as much anymore since she could read and write in Cybertronian.
Soundwave opened the door and Orion's back came into view. The red and blue mech heard them and turned around. "Soundwave?" Orion said. Soundwave placed his servo next to his shoulder and Echo climbed on. "Work with Orion." Soundwave replayed the audio from Megatron while holding Echo out. Orion walked forward and gently took Echo into his servos. He was about to say something to Soundwave but the mech was already leaving. "Why did Megatron send you?" Orion asked. Learn to decode Iacon files Echo typed. Orion hummed and walked back over to the monitor. "I will try to tech you to the best of my abilities, but I fear I might be rusty. Echo gave him the 'its okay' wave. " Could you tell me your name?" Orion asked. Echo She typed. Orion looked at her curiously.
"Do you type to communicate?"
Yes
"Do you ever speak?"
No, I never had the ability to speak
"Oh, I am sorry for your loss." Orion said. No you're not Echo thought. She turned towards the monitor and pointed at the red symbols. The mech looked where she was pointing and nodded. "Let us begin." Orion said understanding the gesture.

Soundwave's EchoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara