Chapter 13

Echo felt anxiety crawl up her spin. Megatron had called for her shortly after returning to the Nemesis. Most times it was Soundwave and she was permitted to join or both were summoned. Never had Megatron called for her alone. Soundwave must have been worried as well. He was carrying her a little closer to him than normal and his pace was slower. Not too slow that it would keep Megatron waiting, but not his usual pace.

Two vechions were stationed outside of the control room and neither turned their helm as Soundwave passed. The doors slid open and he entered with a hint of caution. Megatron stood before the controls with his back turned to them. "You may leave us, Soundwave. I wish to speak with Echo alone." Megatron said without turning his helm to look at them. Echo felt Soundwave tense up at the order. He hesitated for a moment before obeying. Soundwave placed her on one of the center consoles and let his servo fall to his side. He turned around and began to exit the room, glancing briefly back at Echo before the doors slid closed.

Megatron glanced over his shoulder to make sure Soundwave had left. Once he got his answer, he turned back to the controls and pressed a button. Communications Disabled Appeared on the screen making Echo nervous. "Just making sure there are no unwanted listeners." Megatron said calmly. He was right, they were truely alone now.
"I understand you tested out your new equipment. How did that go?" Megatron said turning around to face her. Good. The suit is fully functional Echo typed. Megatron nodded, "I had no doubts, but I want to know how Bumblebee is fairing."
Echo's breathe caught in her throat. He knew about what she had done, he knew she helped the enemy.
There was no point in trying to lie, her stunned silence was all he needed. Plus she was a terrible lier.
"You had to have know this would not escape my suspicion. Knockout reported the location of the unusual chase and how the poor scout tumbled off the edge." Megatron said walking around the console she was on; like a predator circling prey.
Lord Megatron, I can- He raised a servo making Echo lift her digits away from the keys. " No need. You went to the very spot he fell from. I know your intentions." Megatron said staring her down. Echo felt despair cut through her. Her body was numb and she didn't even realise the words she typed: What will my punishment be, Lord Megatron.
"A solo mission."
Echo looked up at him confused. Considering, his wrath was well known throughout the Decepticon ranks, he was not one to show mercy. "Your knowledge and skills are too useful for me to kill you and you are too small for physical punishment." Megatron explained. Echo found herself nodding which appeared to be the right thing to do.
"You will be sent to investigate a human base that has been acquiring energon. How they know about it and why they want it is what you will discover." Megatron said.
Echo felt worried at going through with the task. Before the events regarding Orion she had hardly ever left the large warship. Regardless of her uncertainty, Echo excepted the mission. It would be madness not too.

^^^

Megatron turned the communications back on to notify Soundwave he was done talking with Echo. The silent mech quickly returned and carried Echo out.
Once the two disappeared around the corner, Megatron summoned the Nemesis' medic.
There were matters he wished to discuss.
"You called, Lord Megatron?" Knockout said striding through the door a few minutes later. "Yes. Tell me, are you well supplied?" Megatron said. Knockout blinked and was silent for a moment. "I believe so yes, are we expecting mass casualties?" Knockout asked. "No. Just one, but by far more important." Megatron said. Knockout rubbed his servos together, "Who shall I be expecting?"
"Echo."
Knockout flinched and looked at his master with confusion. "I see...how badly of a condition will she be in?" Knockout said. "That depends. Either she will be close to offlining or already be with the Allspark." Megatron said.
Knockout rubbed his helm uncomfortably. "Might I ask how you know this?" He said.
Megatron looked at him with suspicion in his optics. "I have just sent her on a mission to test her loyalty to our cause. I don't expect her to return soon." Megatron said with no concern in his voice. "My Lord, may I suggest sending someone with her?" Knockout said.
"She goes alone."
"I understand you know how delicate her operation was...if she does not get energon with her organic food...her spark will go out." Knockout said.
Megatron grinned, "Exactly."