Changing Perspective

----------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to say a quick thank-you for all the support on this story.  It's already breached 300 likes and 4,000 reads.  It means a lot to me that people read and support these chapters.

Alright, I'll let you get on with reading!

----------------------------------------------------------

Entry 537:

I should be elated right now.

Tonic and Turquoise have finally worked out a potion that helps stop Unstable's anxiety.  It's not perfect, of course, but Unstable seems happier.  He's been talking more to other steves, although he's as much a prankster as ever.  He gave me a rose yesterday, which was actually really sweet.  But I can't focus on that.

Turquoise has asked me what happened about two dozen times.  Apparently, I've been jumpier than normal.  I just can't stop thinking about that note.

I'm eavesdropping on that meeting tomorrow.  I don't even care if Sabre thinks it's a bad idea.  I won't tell him about it.  I won't tell anybody.  The last thing I need is Amber or Unstable trailing after me and getting hurt.

Maybe I can convince Sabre to let me borrow his staff, just in case.  I would feel better with a weapon on me.  I can teleport without the staff, of course, but it was designed to ease the strain of using powers, and I can't pretend that I'm as young and powerful as I used to be.

That would also be helpful to have when I finally get the guts to kill The First Curse.  He'll be creating the Diamond Steves soon, once he's realized that his little 'blessings' don't work on Obsidian Steves.  Then, it won't be long before the war, one I'm still hoping Lime won't get caught up in.

Maybe Tonic is right to be worried.  Maybe I'm right to be worried.  I hate to admit it, but all the changes to the timeline are starting to scare me.  There's a potential kidnapper on the loose in the Red Kingdom, my powers are only getting weaker, and there seem to be more and more steves to take care of.

I just hope they all make it out of this okay.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Come on!"  Amber urged, dragging me to the village.  I tried to shake him off. The tiny sparks jumping across his skin kept shocking me by accident.

"Will you tell me what's so important?"  I asked, rolling my eye.

"No way.  You have to see it in person."  Amber insisted, taking a turn toward Turquoise's house.  I frowned.  Nothing had changed in there since last time I visited, right?

"Woah, it's exactly the same!"  I quipped sarcastically.  "Don't tell me, is that a slightly darker shade of blue than normal?"  I pointed to the walls on every side of us.  Amber couldn't help a small laugh, but didn't give anything away.  "No, seriously, Amber, what's going on?"  I repeated, concerned.

"One second."  he instructed, before bolting upstairs.  I waited impatiently, trying to get a good vision of the Red Kingdom.  Was the meeting happening yet?  What if I missed it?

"Whyyyy is his eye glowing?"  Turquoise asked skeptically as he followed Amber downstairs.  I blinked hard, clearing away the unhelpful vision.  Nothing, again.

"It's - nothing."  I said quickly.  While I was sure the shades would understand about my very unreliable visions of the future, they weren't worth explaining.  Especially since they'd been so unhelpful lately.