Lime

Cycle 4386 Notes:

For a few cycles now I have started to get moments of sickness. I'm not sure what causes them yet, but I've spent this pause on examining the Green Steves. I'm hoping that some of their medicine techniques might be able to help, even if their powers can't. Most of the time, they focus on using their healing powers, but there are still a few techniques I can still use.

Antiseptic - Sterilizes wound to prevent infection

Bandages - Stop bleeding, especially when the blood won't clot. They also prevent dirt and germs from reentering the wound.

Regeneration Potions - Made using an awkward potion and ghast tears. These help you heal faster.

Healing Potions - Made using awkward potions and glistering melons. These instantly heal you.

Milk - Clears potion effects such as nausea or blindness

Although it's been many generations, I still remember some of this knowledge from my old world. With no Green Steves to help humans like myself heal, we usually used advanced medication. It's a pity that doesn't exist here. For now, I'll try to build up my supplies. The milk is sadly ineffective against my illness, since  the effects don't come from potions. I'll have to see if I can alter some of the regeneration or healing potions to be more effective against nausea and dizziness. I don't want Hypno to get suspicious.

----------------------------------------------------------

As soon as we had teleported safely into the medical wing of my house, the steve in my arms passed out from the shock. I couldn't blame him. After all he had been through today- getting arrested, pushed into an endless pit, then rescued by a mysterious stranger -it was no wonder he was out cold. I carefully laid him on the sterile white hospital bed.

As I anxiously looked him over, I winced at the cuts littering his arms, shoulders, and torso. Thankfully, they weren't too deep. Scavenging around the room, I found some gauze and antiseptic for him. He moved a little as I carefully cleaned up his scratches, but remained unconscious.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered as I applied the gauze. "You didn't deserve that." I couldn't imagine finding Amber in this state. Just the thought brought out a surge of protectiveness. Why couldn't I have saved this steve just a little sooner? I knew why. The timeline still needed to be protected. Still, it didn't make me feel any better seeing him injured.

I had needed to remove his yellow jacket in order to properly clean the wounds, so I set the torn, bloody clothing to the side. I would need to clean and fix it up later. For now, the steve was treated. I had a few other things I needed to tend to before I got back to him. A few other people, that was.

Casting one last glance at the unconscious steve, I picked up my staff from the bedside. It wouldn't be for long, I assured myself as I left, returning back to the Yellow Steve's castle wall. 

 As soon as I arrived, Amber and Hypno turned on me. To my surprise, it wasn't Hypno, but Amber, who started to speak. He tried to speak, anyway. As soon as he had opened his mouth, Hypno covered it with one hand, shushing him.

"Amber, you're going to cause a scene!" he hissed quietly. "We're still in the Yellow Kingdom, remember?" I couldn't make out Amber's muffled response, but I could tell it was irritated. Narrowing his eye at me, Hypno snapped, silently teleporting us back to the house. With a pointed smile, he put both hands up, letting Amber rant.

"Where did you go?" Amber pouted. In less than a second, he was right in front of me. "I finished my painting, and Hypno said you just left without any explanation. I didn't know if you were hurt, or-" his voice rose steadily, and I held Amber's shoulders in a panic, managing to get his attention.